PDA

View Full Version : Insurance

lisaflynn
02-06-2013, 05:33 PM
Hi everyone, so this is where I'm at. I've just finished my LA course, I've done my first aid, crb checks are done. I'm going to doctors on Tuesday with my medical form so hopefully that won't take long. I've done my policies and risk assessments ready for pre reg inspection but I just have a few questions for you all!

Ok so do I have to ave public liability insurance in place for pre reg visit?
Do I ave to have all recourses ie toys for all age groups? Or is a scrap book with pic under age brackets good enough to show I know what I meed?
Does everything in the house have to be ready?

Thanks everyone x

Rick
02-06-2013, 05:57 PM
No you don't need PL insurance until just before you start actually looking after children.
No you won't be expected to have all your resources simply because you won't know ages of children you will mind. It would be advisable to have some resources in place but you can let your inspector know what you plan to get.
Advisable to get the house how you want it but you can let your inspector know what you intend to do. Your certificate may arrive week after and parents shortly after so don't leave it till the last minute!

sing-low
02-06-2013, 07:26 PM
My pre-reg inspector said that I did have to have PL insurance in place and she wanted to see evidence of that (it only just arrived in time - phew!). I was inspected in May. Her argument was that once I'd passed the inspection I could start minding straight away (subject to having my certificate) so needed to be ready and she needed to know that I was ready.

Rick
02-06-2013, 07:28 PM
My pre-reg inspector said that I did have to have PL insurance in place and she wanted to see evidence of that (it only just arrived in time - phew!). I was inspected in May. Her argument was that once I'd passed the inspection I could start minding straight away (subject to having my certificate) so needed to be ready and she needed to know that I was ready.

It sounds very picky and unnecessary. What if you didn't find mindees for six months, you've wasted half your yearly fee!

sing-low
02-06-2013, 07:33 PM
I was fortunate enough to have a years insurance funded by my LA. I'm also in an area with high demand for childcare and very few childminders so I was fairly sure I'd find children quickly. I agree, it sounded picky but I hadn't joined the forum at that point so was still in awe of Mrs O! She/he (why is it always a she?!) won't find me so docile next time...

lisaflynn
02-06-2013, 07:49 PM
We were told on our course we had to have for inspection but my thoughts are the same, what if I don't get any work for months!!!!!!

lubeam
03-06-2013, 11:32 AM
I passed in may too and didn't have PL insurance but told her I intended to get it through Morton michel and she was happy with that , don't no what to suggest like rick knight says if you don't get mindees for 6 months you've wasted half a year of insurance :/ hummmm

bunyip
03-06-2013, 12:03 PM
EYFS Statutory Framework:

3.62 Providers must carry public liability insurance.

You aren't a provider until registered. If a pre-reg inspector demands that an applicant has PLI before they are registered, then I'd say the applicant is entitled to challenge that and ask, "are you saying I'm a 'provider' right now?"

Yet another example of Ofsted inspectors overstepping the mark and thinking their own little 'rules' amount to statutory regulations. They don't and they should be challenged. :mad:

Wee Care
20-06-2013, 04:44 PM
I couldn't get my PLI with pacey until I sent them a copy of my Ofsted registration certificate. Which you obviously don't get until you have passed your registration inspection. What if you got PLI and then you failed the inspection and were turned down for registration???

LittleAcornsThatcham
01-07-2013, 09:36 AM
Can you pay for it but it not start until you are registered perhaps?