PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone New to site and new to childminding! Quick question on pre reg.

dizidiva
02-06-2013, 12:39 PM
Hi everyone, this site is fab and has helped me a lot with my pre reg so thanks everyone! I do have a quick question which I can't find an answer to so wonder if anyone could help? I have done the risk assessment for the lounge i.e identified the risk and what could happen, but because I have not set up my business yet I can't put all the things in place to make it safe by Wed which is my inspection day. Do I need to still fill it in or is it just to show I am aware of the risks?

Also I have no toys, would it be ok if I put togther a picture from the Argos book of things I intend to buy?

Thanks

vikiwizz
02-06-2013, 01:04 PM
Yes that's fine as long as you are indenturing the risks Ofsted can see you are aware of it.

Also yes to Argos book we were told on out course to do this, put toys under age ranges so Ofsted can see you are aware of the needs of different ages children

Rick
02-06-2013, 01:24 PM
Hi everyone, this site is fab and has helped me a lot with my pre reg so thanks everyone! I do have a quick question which I can't find an answer to so wonder if anyone could help? I have done the risk assessment for the lounge i.e identified the risk and what could happen, but because I have not set up my business yet I can't put all the things in place to make it safe by Wed which is my inspection day. Do I need to still fill it in or is it just to show I am aware of the risks?

Also I have no toys, would it be ok if I put togther a picture from the Argos book of things I intend to buy?

Thanks

Yes you can explain what you intend to do. Is there any reason why you haven't got yourself up together? Once your certificate arrives you could have parents coming round straight away if you are lucky so you don't want to leave it till the last minute.

dizidiva
02-06-2013, 02:19 PM
Thanks for the advice. I'm not set up yet as I'm still in work full time, but we are in limbo as our service is being reviewed. If I stick it out I may get redundency pay which will set me up with a bit in the bank for a rainy day!