PDA

View Full Version : ofsted this week. SO NERVOUS!!

leeanne910
02-06-2013, 12:36 PM
Ok i feel all nervous now....ive decided i dont handle nerves very well. I think maybe im a control freak and want things perfect?! I am an experienced level 3 nursery nurse with 10yrs behind my belt and a qualified infant massage teacher and parenting programme facilitator and yet im.more nervous of ofsted! Maybe as i have yet never encountered them in the years i have been in the sector?!

Last night i had 3 ofsted related dreams!!!!! 3!!!!!!!!! Someone tell me im not nuts....i feel nuts.....argh....my gut aches thinking of it... :(

lisbet
02-06-2013, 01:00 PM
:group hug:

I can only empathise! Mine is looming too. I know I am doing right by the children and families I work with, and I've survived past Ofsted experiences okay, but I am just SO nervous about this! :panic:

After all the worry, I am sure you will do fine though. Good luck!! xx

Rick
02-06-2013, 01:27 PM
Calm down you will be fine......just big yourself and your setting up and talk confidently about the children, their development and why you plan for them as you do.

The Juggler
02-06-2013, 07:51 PM
hon you will be fine. just pretend you are explaining what you do to a student who knows nothing and explain why you do it. you will blow them away xx

leeanne910
02-06-2013, 10:12 PM
Thx guys :)

Feel poorly now hope im not gonna be ill now!

They said be end of week without givin a date...they wont come tomorrow will they?! Feel bit queezy lol

Optimalstar
03-06-2013, 06:14 AM
Good luck with everything.

I personally have a memory like a sieve so I made sure every piece of paperwork was out on the table. When Mrs O arrived I gave a quick explanation of what everything was so she would know to find whatever she wanted and then I disappeared into the garden with the children. She ( obviously) popped in and out to see what we were doing but I didn't feel so scrutinised as I was pretty much out of the way for most of the time.

VeggieSausage
03-06-2013, 06:16 AM
have lunch pre-prepared, thats my tip.....good luck x

SammySplodger
03-06-2013, 06:49 AM
have lunch pre-prepared, thats my tip.....good luck x

Ooooh! Like it! Defo doing that