PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas on good courses to do?

Mrs.L.C
06-07-2008, 04:07 PM
I finished my NVQ end of last year and finaly got my certificate. Iv taking a little break but was thinking of what to do next to develope my business. Does any one have any advice on good interesting courses that are about?

sarah707
06-07-2008, 06:09 PM
The next logical step would be Open University E123 and E124 ...

They make a level 4 qualification.

There's more information knocking around about them in threads :D

Spangles
06-07-2008, 06:17 PM
I've only done my ICP to date, I applied for funding for a level 3 back in March and haven't heard anything but I'm not going to chase them as yet because I'm so tired I can't do it at the moment anyway!

Anyway, I was thinking, how would doing a level 3 qualification benefit my business anyway? Parents don't care what qualifications you've got, I don't think they really even care if you can read and write! I would like to do it for myself (if I get funding) but what would be the incentive to do say a level 4 in the future? How would it benefit my business? Parents wouldn't care and I couldn't charge more?

You know me, I'm not trying to be funny at all, I just don't understand!

sarah707
06-07-2008, 06:45 PM
One day I might want to do something other than childminding...

I am quite happy to keep my brain active and improve my skills while being funded.

I'm doing it for me ... and the more knowledge I have the more the children benefit :D

Spangles
06-07-2008, 06:51 PM
I see, thank you!

Lou
06-07-2008, 07:10 PM
I agree Sarah and totally applaud you and it can only be of benefit to you and the children,

but i also see Lorris point, its is soo hard finding the time and you cant charge any more.

I am doing my DHC so i have a level 3 qualification as i feel it will give me an advantage over other minders in my area, no one else is or has done it so far, and i am really enjoying it.

However i dont think i will do any more for a while afterwards as it is difficult juggling it all and working 60 hrs a week.

Mrs.L.C
07-07-2008, 08:50 AM
What about any workshops?

avril
07-07-2008, 09:02 AM
What about any workshops?

I went to a workshop on Saturday relationships, experiences, enviroments it was taking us back to the old way of minding using limited/natural resources, how to communicate with children easily making us think more about what we do and don't do!

The lady was amazing Sally Thomas so funny, I would recommend any of her courses :thumbsup:

childminder54
18-07-2008, 11:53 PM
that would be good

veronicaxx