PDA

View Full Version : Uniform

charlottenash
31-05-2013, 10:05 PM
I haven't seen a thread yet regarding this.

Do any of you wear a 'uniform'.

I'm considering black trousers and a shirt with 'registered childminder' just so people can realise I'm a professional?

Most laugh at it on other forums I've googled so I'm really not sure.

I'd love to save my own clothes!

vals
31-05-2013, 10:27 PM
i know lots of minders that have a work top - either with their name or the local group of minders name on it.

SammySplodger
31-05-2013, 10:33 PM
All personal choice... but I find patterns show up marks less than plain things. I don't have a uniform, I tend to wear bright colours because I prefer them and so do many children. I wear cheaper / charity shop stuff when I'm working and save my best clothes for evenings and weekends.

loocyloo
01-06-2013, 06:25 AM
i tend to wear dark jeans/cords in winter and cropped trousers in summer

then a selection of long sleeved tops/tshirts and cardigans

i have clothes i only wear for work, and i have my 'best' clothes that i wear at weekends. as clothes get a bit worn or marked/stained, then i move them into my childminding selection!

i do have a couple of tshirts that say 'childminder' on the back, plus a couple of fleece jackets that also have childminder on the back, but otherwise i always wear a magnetic name badge from nmca ( pacey ) saying ofsted registered childminder & my name. thats the only thing i consider my uniform!

VeggieSausage
01-06-2013, 06:45 AM
I have am in the process (well think I might) of getting my fluorescent bibs printed with Childminder on the back and was considering a fleece or something with name and childminder printed on the back, and possibly a work tee-shirt with my details printed on it - but wondered if that makes us look more like nursery staff?

mum2two
01-06-2013, 06:56 AM
We have orange tops with childminder and our website in the back. We have t-shirts & hoodies, and I have a couple of vests for the summer.

Don't have to think about what we're wearing, or worry about it getting marked. Plus then at the weekend, I put on 'my clothes' and it feels nice! :-)

Xx

Chimps Childminding
01-06-2013, 07:18 AM
If you have a "uniform" that is embroidered with your childminding name, you can put it through expenses I believe.

Myself and my co-minder have started wearing patterned "scrubs" that her sister gets for us from America!! They are great, got big sizes so roomy, easy to wash/iron and have 2 pockets on the front, great for tissues/dummies etc.

I ruin most of my clothes doing housework!!! I'm forever splashing bleach on things :angry:

lisbet
01-06-2013, 07:39 AM
i always wear a magnetic name badge from nmca ( pacey ) saying ofsted registered childminder & my name. thats the only thing i consider my uniform!

I liked the idea of this ^ and looked in the pacey shop, but now they say 'professional childminder'...hmmm...I would rather it still said 'ofsted registered childminder' as that is what we are, like a registered nurse. I know that I am professional in the way that I work, but not sure about having it on the badge like that...:confused:

charlottenash
01-06-2013, 08:27 AM
I'm almost convinced to do it now I thought people would think I was stupid haha. Will have a look about today online.

watgem
01-06-2013, 12:59 PM
I love the idea of the scrubs! I have ruined so many lovely tops with bleach lol..do you think there is a link to a website you could buy them from please? Xxx

SammySplodger
01-06-2013, 04:48 PM
Sorry if being thick - what are scrubs?!

watgem
01-06-2013, 05:33 PM
I think they are the tunic/trouser combos they wear in hospitals? usually on the children's wards they wear really funky ones-but I could be completely wrong lol

Mrs Scrubbit
01-06-2013, 06:39 PM
I've just googled hospital scrubs uk and found some good ones, cheap too hth xx

suziealderton
01-06-2013, 07:38 PM
I haven't seen a thread yet regarding this.

Do any of you wear a 'uniform'.

I'm considering black trousers and a shirt with 'registered childminder' just so people can realise I'm a professional?

Most laugh at it on other forums I've googled so I'm really not sure.

I'd love to save my own clothes!

Ive had polo shirts done through vista print-have tried putting a pic on but am having no joy!

watgem
01-06-2013, 07:51 PM
thanks mrs Scrubbitt, off t google now :)

charlottenash
02-06-2013, 06:40 AM
What are the sizes like? I want a reasonably baggy one so I'm comfortable

bindy
02-06-2013, 07:33 AM
Different strokes for different folks but no thank you, can't think of anything worse! I have nice clothes for weekends and nice clothes for work!

blue bear
02-06-2013, 08:31 AM
I like to wear a variety of textures and colours, more interesting than the same thing everyday and more stimulating for the children.
I know why they use uniforms in nursery but I hate them, those poor kiddies with all the adults looking the same.
I have a bag with registered childminder on and the rain coats I supply for the children have registered childminder on but I can't see me ever wanting a uniform.

FussyElmo
02-06-2013, 08:45 AM
Sometimes it just comes down to whatever is ironed :laughing::laughing::laughing:

SammySplodger
02-06-2013, 11:16 AM
I like to wear a variety of textures and colours, more interesting than the same thing everyday and more stimulating for the children.
I know why they use uniforms in nursery but I hate them, those poor kiddies with all the adults looking the same.
I have a bag with registered childminder on and the rain coats I supply for the children have registered childminder on but I can't see me ever wanting a uniform.

I'm with you!

I also have printed bags and I wear a variety of (cheap / charity shop / old clothes - so no concerns about marks & stains) clothes in bright colours and patterns. My own children often comment about them (in a positive way). I also often wear chunky / interesting necklaces.

If I'm doing something messy I wear an old fashioned apron / pinny - have several of those too!

Footwear-wise: slipper socks indoors (with non slips bottoms) and Birkis clogs fo the garden, plimsoles / trainers for out and about.

SammySplodger
02-06-2013, 11:17 AM
Sometimes it just comes down to whatever is ironed :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Ironing? What's that?
;-)