PDA

View Full Version : help me please all u lovely forum users

kims kingdom
31-05-2013, 05:24 PM
Ok so ive nearly finished 2yr check but completely stuck on creating and thinking critcally so ive got using the hoover? And that shevcan think to use the dustpan and brush aswell to pick up small bits is this silly..
But yesturday we were making a welcome home poster for mum and she proceeded to tell me about mums bday she didnt get any pressents but had a bday cake and balloons should I write this done and she has thought of something that had at home im so confused on this one.

Chatterbox Childcare
31-05-2013, 06:19 PM
Your 2 year old check only covers PSED, CLL and PD

kims kingdom
31-05-2013, 06:23 PM
Your 2 year old check only covers PSED, CLL and PD

Yep on the right hand side but the bit were suppose to write in the left hand side

Chatterbox Childcare
31-05-2013, 06:29 PM
Yep on the right hand side but the bit were suppose to write in the left hand side

sorry I am confused? What heading is the left hand side?

funemnx
31-05-2013, 06:37 PM
That bit is how children learn - does the lo narrate play? Does she like to pretend when playing with dolls, figures, dressing up? This might cover creative thinking :thumbsup:

For this bit I tend to put what the child is interested in particularly...

kims kingdom
31-05-2013, 06:55 PM
sorry I am confused? What heading is the left hand side?

When you look at a 2yr check the bit where it says creating and thinking critically

kims kingdom
31-05-2013, 06:58 PM
That bit is how children learn - does the lo narrate play? Does she like to pretend when playing with dolls, figures, dressing up? This might cover creative thinking :thumbsup:

For this bit I tend to put what the child is interested in particularly...

Im trying to go by the lj example does it have to be lo initially set up play i seem to do a lot of starting the play but she does always go for the hoover

Chatterbox Childcare
31-05-2013, 07:16 PM
I know all the LA's are different - I don't have that bit on my form. Sorry

moggy
31-05-2013, 07:19 PM
Im trying to go by the lj example does it have to be lo initially set up play i seem to do a lot of starting the play but she does always go for the hoover

If child is not showing any strong indications of Creating and Thinking Critically you do not need to write anything there. The Characteristics of Effective Learning are not things to observe as such, they are more to do with the child's style of learning- maybe this child is stronger in Active Learning or Playing and Exploring? I'd read up on Characteristics of Effective Learning and how to use them (I am sure there is good info on this forum if you search or a fact sheet somewhere?), actually you do not need to write about them on 2yr check at all if you do not find it helpful.