PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted referees.....written references?

Emra81
31-05-2013, 01:27 PM
So, I'm just filling in the EYC form thingy to register on the Early Years Register with Mrs O and, in the referees bit, it says that 'you may also enclose written references if you wish'. Has anyone done this and do you think it made a difference in terms of the time it took for your application to be processed compared to just providing their details and having Ofsted post out the form they need to fill in? I'm sure both of my referees would be happy to write something for me to attach to my application but they're very busy ladies and if it isn't going to make much difference, I'd rather save them the hassle bless them! Any ideas?

shortstuff
31-05-2013, 02:32 PM
the form ofsted send out is very easy to fill in apparently so I would leave it to that otherwise the information your friends write might not include every aspect wanted and they will end up filling it in anyway x

Samcat
31-05-2013, 04:59 PM
I sent both my referees references in with my application. I told them both what information was required as per the info on the application form. Both of them worked in nurseries with me, so maybe that made it easier for them to be aware of what info was required about me from a childcare point of view. The references weren't questioned and I had my pre-reg visit 9 weeks into the application process.

Emra81
31-05-2013, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the replies guys :-)

Samcat - I'm guessing they had to fill in the form that ofsted posted out as well?

Samcat
31-05-2013, 09:23 PM
Actually I've no idea. They've never said they had to to anything else, but I didn't ask either. It was last year though pre revised EYFS, so I don't know if Ofsted have changed things slightly since then.