PDA

View Full Version : Very proud of myself

ziggy
31-05-2013, 12:18 PM
This week I lost 4 1/2lbs at slimming world after a disastrous start :)

Last October moved to new house with lovely garden. Decided i would have gardener to cut lawn. He never arrived. Last week grass was very long so i asked neighbour if he would cut grass. He charged me £40 but he was here all afternoon and did great job. He then sent a gardening friend who said he would do it every 2weeks and would cost £40!!!!!!

He said it would take 2 men an hour (£20 an hour????) After he left i thought wow not sure i can afford £80 a month, SO yesterday got mower out of shed and cut grass myself, took quite a while but was very pleased with end result.

Have saved £40 and hopefully exercise will help with diet.

Was too exhausted last nite to think about food lol:laughing::laughing::laughing:

smurfette
31-05-2013, 01:02 PM
Well done that is some achievement!!

QualityCare
31-05-2013, 01:12 PM
Well done, why don't you put you charge yourself to do the lawn and put the money away then you can treat yourself to new clothes.

The Juggler
31-05-2013, 01:31 PM
well done you! I agree with Quality Care - charge yourself a tenner a time - so you are cheaper than the gardener and just put the tenner away.

shortstuff
31-05-2013, 01:50 PM
well done you, 4 1/2 lbs is a great achievement you deserve to be proud x

ziggy
31-05-2013, 03:18 PM
Thank you, I love the tenner idea. I am going to do that starting with yesterdays hard work.:cool: