PDA

View Full Version : Yuk, arrrggh!

handeme
31-05-2013, 11:49 AM
I go into the kitchen to start dishing lunch up leaving one mindee who's three in my living room, playing with cars.

After dishing up I walk back into the living room to find my mindee bent over my new leather sofa spitting on it. There was a huge wet patch and his hands were shocking wet, presume he had been spitting and rubbing it in with his hands.

I just said to him, excuse me I don't think so, which resulted in him having a huge tantrum!

He has spit a couple of times outdoors when walking and myself and another childminder have told him not too, this is the first time I have caught him doing it indoors. I will mention at collection but I think they will just dismiss it.

smurfette
31-05-2013, 11:56 AM
Eeewaww!!!! Spit is nearly as disgusting as snot and at three you would hope he would know better!!

chriss
31-05-2013, 12:08 PM
you see grown me, even the odd woman spitting in the street, and THEY should know better too but it doesn't stop them. Spitting is up there with nose picking ewwww:panic::panic:

ziggy
31-05-2013, 12:09 PM
I can cope with poo, sick and snot but hate spitting. Think i would have been sick, not nice.

handeme
31-05-2013, 12:11 PM
He knew it was wrong because as I walked in the room he jumped. I said firmly, I don't think so and he went in a massive tantrum. I will mention to Dad at pick up but they won't be bothered x

k1rstie
31-05-2013, 12:54 PM
At least he wasn't sticking a pen through the leather, or looking at the great tyre prints he could make with the wheels!

I would rather have his mark making than physical damage to my sofa!!

K

donna porter
31-05-2013, 01:03 PM
At least it can be wiped up. It would be heartbreaking if he'd damaged your sofa. :-)

shortstuff
31-05-2013, 01:53 PM
I agree that is disgusting and if the parents arent bothered maybe you should let them know if it happens again you will charge them for a professional clean of your sofa x

handeme
31-05-2013, 03:38 PM
Well mentioned it to Dad at collecting, didn't really say anything although my mindee did start really playing up as he left, he went over to my son who washing toys in the sink and started screaming at him and grabbing him. My son is no saint by any means but told him to go away. The mindee carried on, Dad telling him to stop, my son then pushed him away. My mindee was screaming at his Dad get off me. Dad hooked him up and took him out. I am at the back of the house and could still here him screaming as Dad is putting him in the car. My head is pounding!

lor
31-05-2013, 10:12 PM
After having a mindee scratch my leather sofa- I now cover it up with throws! xx

handeme
01-06-2013, 07:53 PM
I honestly couldn't believe he did it. Although mum has posted a picture of his more trick tidY, drawing all over the walls at home. At least I know his behavior isn't just slipping here.