PDA

View Full Version : After school activities

maisiemog
31-05-2013, 10:41 AM
Hi lovely people,

From Sept I will be only doing after school and holiday care. Just wondered what things you do with your schoolies and what snacks you offer?!?

I currently only give a slice of toast, crumpet or fruit as if I give more they won't eat their tea.

Activities I have include board games, colouring, dolls (only have one boy at the mo!), cars, Hama beads and puzzles. Is there anything else I could get (preferably not too big as I want to hide all toys away in cupboards so my house doesn't look like a nursery!)

shortstuff
31-05-2013, 11:37 AM
have you thought about knex and lego? it continues to build on their dexterity and creativity?

vals
31-05-2013, 04:13 PM
mine like knex too - i got the bigger bits , think its kids knex -got a few packs on ebay - comes in big boxes but all tips into one.
My snacks are similar,though sometimes they have decorated biscuits and had one as a snack (naughty but never mind!).
I sometimes try and be more imaginative but often they will say they prefer the usual things.
At least with that age group you can chat to them about what they would like to do. Some still like craft,some will think they do enough of it at school.

busybee_mummy
31-05-2013, 10:03 PM
My after schoolies like Lego, playmobil, ello, farmyard, magnetix (sp?) any sort of craft but favourite at the moment is decoupage and paper mache balls!

I have picked a lot of my older children's toys up from the car boot sales, and I've put them in IKEA storage boxes with lids, they are stacked neatly away (out of sight of little ones!)

All of mine have dinner but another nice snack is crackers, cheese and grapes.

maisiemog
01-06-2013, 06:43 AM
Gonna try and get some Lego and knex then! Hubby's staff discount might be getting a bashing over the next couple of months!!!!

Gonna hit the boot sales as well and look round all the charity shops as well!

Thanks for the ideas xx