PDA

View Full Version : Feeling guilty

bernesewalking
31-05-2013, 07:31 AM
Why when you tell parents you are booking some holiday, even when it is 4 months in advance they make you feel guilty!

maisiemog
31-05-2013, 10:37 AM
I know! I go away in 2 weeks time! We booked this holiday last May so she's had over a years notice and she's still panicking about sorting childcare for the two weeks we are away.

vw79
31-05-2013, 10:43 AM
I know what you mean I hand out a news letter at the beginning of the year with my holidays on it and one of the parents threatened to leave as I was taking too much. I did point out it was only 4 weeks for the whole year and she stayed in the end but still makes me feel guilty.

donna porter
31-05-2013, 01:12 PM
That's terrible, I take the same holidays every year and always point that out to parents. Childminders need holidays too :-)

Kiddleywinks
01-06-2013, 08:00 AM
I had one parent that tried to make me feel guilty, claimed she couldn't book any more time off for my holiday at Easter that she'd known about since January.

What I wanted to say was - no love, that doesn't surprise me, you've used all your holiday entitlement to have long weekends away without your child forgetting that I'm entitled to holidays too!

What I actually said was oh dear, never mind, and gave her contact details of other minders with available spaces for her to contact, and the FIS number (which she already had as she found me from them)

One minder I know she finally did contact the week before (:panic:) was £5 per day more expensive than me because she didn't see why she should reduce her rate for a 1 week contract (I don't have a problem with that, she doesn't benefit from the year round contract I have)

Miraculously, mum managed to book the week off after all :clapping: