PDA

View Full Version : Own contracts..any idea if i can end asap?

Jelly Baby
30-05-2013, 06:40 PM
Will call them tomorrow but work till 6pm so its very hard to find the time without kids in tow! I have an issue with a family. they have given me notice and I have 2 weeks left. things have really deteriorated and I wondered if anyone had done so or knew if I could end my contract? It has nothing in it about ending things early but have heard I could be sued for loss of earnings?.
If anyone knows anything ide appreciate
Thanks x

MessybutHappy
30-05-2013, 07:30 PM
Hi Jelly.
Call them, MM that is, they work 24 / 7 on their legal helpline. They will either talk to you immediately or someone calls you back. I can't remember, but I think I was just given the legal team telephone number. PM me if you want it. They're fab, totally impartial but sympathetic!

The Juggler
31-05-2013, 09:22 AM
i agree, call MM. I would think you will have to give a letter and verbal warning that unless they conduct themselves in an appropriate courteous manner you will end the contract immediately, then take it from there. Hugs honey

Simona
02-06-2013, 03:30 PM
Does the contract not have a clause that states you can give fees back in lieu of notice? in other words you should be able to give two weeks fees back and end your care immediately making sure you put in writing the reason why and pay them back by cheque..mine has!