PDA

View Full Version : Saying goodbye

Schnakes
04-01-2008, 02:19 PM
Hello all,

Just said goodbye to my longest mindee - shes been with me from day one, so Im really sad...funny how attached you grow to these little ones. Its like Ive lost a member of my family. She was full time as well, so I spent loads of time with her. We spent our afternoon making a photo album of all the lovely times we've had this year...I think its made me worse! I should have thought of all the toys shes broken/times shes hit one of the kids/generally been annoying etc instead so I wouldnt be so upset!! :(

Just thought Id come on here to vent, cos theres no one around...as Donkey from Shrek would say..."I need a hug"!!! :group hug:

Sx

Rubybubbles
04-01-2008, 02:24 PM
ahhh that so nice lovely to build an album with her, I hade sisters leave me in Spet (but I was glad;) ) and it was a very odd kind of day

Hugs to you, think how much mor time you can have on here:D

LittleMissSparkles
04-01-2008, 02:26 PM
oh honey i'm sending you a huge hug right now :group hug: from me and the children, sorry you are feeling so sad, how was the little one was she upset too ? what about her mum ?

I am so attached to bay c as he was my 1st mindee too and he's likeone of the family to me too. Maybe you will stay in touch with the family !

keep smiling babe xxxx

emler
04-01-2008, 02:26 PM
I'm rubbish at saying goodbye too - you get so attached to the kids don't you (well most of them!!)
Lovely idea to do the photo album. Sending virtual hugs

Emler x

son77
04-01-2008, 02:28 PM
Arrhh thats so sad.

I havent had this happen to me yet but I can imagine how you feel as we all get attached to our mindee's.

Just think how she must feel too. I bet she's just as sad because as you say you've spent so much time together.

Also think about how you've helped this little girl grow up and made her life a happy one.

Chin up, you'll be fine!

Schnakes
04-01-2008, 03:05 PM
Thanks for all the hugs guys!

The little girl was behaving very strangely...not her usual self. I think shes had a lot to deal with these last couple of weeks, leaving nursery, now leaving me, so I think her she was agitated about it but didnt know how to express it? She has told me shes going to miss me and wants to come back.

Me and the mum were on the doorstep, all skeaky voices with lumps in our throats...we have built up a really strong relationship, so Im sad to say bye to her too! Ive said that I want them to pop by when they feel like it and really hope they do!!

Sx

chubbymummy
04-01-2008, 03:10 PM
big hug from me too. my 1st mindie leaves me at the end of march, i think the photo albumn was a great idea; i'll copy that if you don't mind.

Schnakes
04-01-2008, 03:49 PM
No problem chubbymummy!! Unless you are one of my business rivals....in which case - NO!! The idea is copywrited!! :p

I cut some A4 card in half and puched holes in it. I made the front page for her while she decorated each individual page with stickers, glitter and other bits and bobs I had in my crafts box...then stuck the pics on and tied it all together with some sparkly ribbon left over from Xmas. Hope this gives you some ideas.

Sx

LittleMissSparkles
04-01-2008, 04:29 PM
thats sounds lovely i hope mum appreciated all you hardwork and effort xxx

ruby
04-01-2008, 05:28 PM
i had one little girl leave september had her since she was 4mths left when nearly five. hate it when they leave as we do get to attached to them. but i am lucky as she comes back in the holidays

her mother was only saying this evening that its very hard for the children and childminder especially if you have had them since they were babies
as we do get very attached

so i will send you a big hug and hope you are feeling better

cathy

chubbymummy
04-01-2008, 08:55 PM
thanks shcnakes i'll definatly use you idea in march when a leaves. i'm not looking forward to him going!!!!

Cammie Doodle
04-01-2008, 09:18 PM
Ah bless Hugs being sent .I have just had a little girl leave after 3 yrs will miss her next week I'm sure. I used to cry buckets when our Foster Kids left (well most of them lol) We are only human;)