PDA

View Full Version : just having a moan. ..

partyrings
30-05-2013, 03:57 PM
I have had a parent text me today saying they have been asked to provide invoices/payments and contract for the last year. Not a problem I keep a copy of everything :) Then I get another text back saying that they gave different information!! And thats my problem because....how many times have I told them to inform tax credits when the bill goes up and down...on every invoice! I am so mad that they even thought about asking me....last text 'looks like I'm in trouble!' And to top it off she forgot to tell them she is termtime only..sorry for moaning, just need to release steam:/

JCrakers
30-05-2013, 04:02 PM
Just make sure you do things right at your end and don't be forced into making anything up !!!

Stapleton83
30-05-2013, 04:03 PM
Oh dear definitely sounds like she is in trouble, look at it this way at least it isn't you in trouble!

Sam x

shortstuff
30-05-2013, 04:15 PM
its at times like this i bet you are glad you keep very thorough records and you have it stated on your invoices about contacting tax credits with changes.

Stick to your guns and like others have said dont bow to any pressure to change any of the invoices for the parent as then you would end up in trouble should it be discovered.

Pixie dust
30-05-2013, 05:08 PM
I have just posted about a very similar story ...I think my parent is going to be in trouble too she didn't tell them she was term time only either!!!!

partyrings
30-05-2013, 06:32 PM
Just fed up with parents claiming for alsorts then expecting others to get them out of trouble. Even on the renewal forms it askes for any changes and she must have just ignored the warnings. I will not change anything and the contracts even have term time only written in capitals...now its time to face the penalties of claiming incorrectly. This is why I believe that the childcare providers should put a claim in and it be paid directly...but thats another post!

greanan
30-05-2013, 07:08 PM
This makes me so mad!!! I've had a few cases like this in the last year

lisaparks
30-05-2013, 07:45 PM
It's the first time I've used this but I have something to moan about a mum give us notice last week just verbal not in writing and now owes us money but they are leaving next week owing us a lot of money help please Lisa

partyrings
31-05-2013, 08:20 AM
This happens more than you would like, so you are not alone x Firstly, check your contract for how much notice they have to give you...and let the family know the contract details (I gather its about 4 weeks) ask her if they would like you to work the whole notice period. Always make sure you give them the choice...it might just be an oversight and they did not know about the notice period. Some parents do give notice verbally, when you ask questions about notice period you could ask her to put it into writing from the date she told you 'for your records'. One you have things in writing and you know the next move. Either payment or legal..
But one step at a time...contact your insurance company to let them know what is going on, just in case.