PDA

View Full Version : School run breakfast clubs

Nicola Carlyle
30-05-2013, 09:18 AM
Just wondered if anyone can shed some light. Are primary schools allowed to run a breakfast club open to EYFS children without being registered with ofsted to do so or does the schools EY number cover the breakfast club? Just have a parent enquiring and trying help out sharing time with school and myself. x

CLL
30-05-2013, 09:47 AM
I thought they would be independent from school. I would go on Ofsted website and check out their report.

The Juggler
30-05-2013, 11:56 AM
ours is part of the school but separately registered to ofsted.

Nicola Carlyle
30-05-2013, 12:27 PM
Grrrrr such a nightmare,

I have a mum who had planned on sending baby to me three days a week and older two to school breakfast club in September due to my numbers. She's now found out the school one isn't registered with Ofsted so she won't get help with payments etc (she's going back to college). I was if the understanding that if it was inky offered to children over 8 years then they didn't have to register but if it was open to include younger children then they did! Is this the case? Having real trouble trying to fit everyone in (no other childminders in the area) so we are struggling. :-(

Chatterbox Childcare
30-05-2013, 01:34 PM
Some schools run the breakfast club themselves so I believe that is the school Ofsted number as they are responsbile but those schools that bring in outside agencies definately have to be ofsted registered themselves

CLL
30-05-2013, 02:20 PM
Oh that is annoying. How can they run childcare and parents not be able to access WTC childcare element.