PDA

View Full Version : Need an idiots guide please

mummyroysof3
06-07-2008, 11:39 AM
hi,

I must be really thick because i just cant get my head round understanding all the accounts, tax and NI stuff can someone please help me because at this rate i just cant see me starting my own business if i cant understand this stuff

please help!:)

sue m
06-07-2008, 01:22 PM
I replied to this ages ago but don't know where it's gone.

I've been to a car boot sale this morning and got a very nice black doll with dress and knickers and a jacket and a Chinese (I think!) doll so they've both been bathed and had their hair washed and their clothes washed lol. I start work tomorrow!!! I've just bent my middle finger right back too and it hurts like hell, typical.

Sue x

Pauline
06-07-2008, 01:53 PM
hi,

I must be really thick because i just cant get my head round understanding all the accounts, tax and NI stuff can someone please help me because at this rate i just cant see me starting my own business if i cant understand this stuff

please help!:)

Basically you need to write down everything that you earn and everything that you spend to do with childminding. Keep receipts where possible. Have a look through the threads in this section as there are lots telling you what you can claim for such as gas, electric, food etc. etc.

Do you have the NCMA pack? There is an accounts book in there where you can write everything down.

Every April you will need to fill out a form and send it to the tax office to show your earnings/profit. You will need to register with the tax office to do this.

For NI, there is information here:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/Taxes/BeginnersGuideToTax/DG_4015904

Hope that helps.

Pauline
07-07-2008, 06:31 AM
I've had to delete some posts on this subject - please don't advertise Accountants/Accounts packages without checking with me first please.

I have to be careful will advertising.

Thanks. :)