PDA

View Full Version : Mazda 5

pinklady756
29-05-2013, 09:47 PM
Has anyone with this car managed to fit 3 baby seats in the 2nd row? if so please can you tell me make/model as I need to do this myself and hope it's possible

xx

loocyloo
30-05-2013, 07:00 AM
sorry, no.

a few years back we went to view this car and the salesman assured us that we could get 3 seats in, so we went back with 5 different car seats and i could only get 2 in, and then child in middle would have to be older and just use seatbelt. admitedly i don't have narrow car seats, but they are not really wide ones either.

good luck x

QualityCare
30-05-2013, 08:44 AM
copied this from a which report
There is enough space for three child seats in the second row but only by using booster seats without backrests, which won't provide the same levels of side impact protection as would be offered by a full back seat. *Front passenger airbag cannot be disabled, hence restricted use for carrying children.
Britax prince is narrow otherwise go to a large halfords or mothercare and get them to try for you, have you spoken to Mazda customer services to se what they recomend.

pinklady756
30-05-2013, 03:38 PM
Thanks, I've left a message with Mazda to see what they say.

sing-low
30-05-2013, 04:05 PM
We have a mazda 5 and fit a toddler seat and two booster seats with backs in. That was why we bought the car. We looked crazy in the car showroom with 3 car seats when we went to try it out! But I have to say it takes a bit of jiggling to get them all in and is extremely tricky for my older children to do the seat belts up. Also, our car does have a switch to turn off the front airbag but I don't put children in the front if at all possible as the backseat is far safer.

sing-low
02-06-2013, 07:48 PM
This the other option. Cheaper than buying a new car :)
Child Car Seats - 4 Child Car Seat, 3 Child Car Seat & Accessories (http://www.multimac.co.uk/home)

ajc
03-06-2013, 06:47 AM
Hi I've just got a Mazda 3, hubby took my 3 seats with him and they fit OK. All have high backs all Britax, I would say try your seats you might be surprised what you can get in, love my car!

munch149
03-06-2013, 07:22 AM
I have a Mazda 5 and managed it once but havent been able to do it again since (don't know why and can't remember what car seats I had at time). I just put one of car seats in 3rd row which is hard work getting them in and out but no other option. I've only once had my full quota of 6 and one was old enough to not use a car seat so sat in the middle. I now use the front seat for my own daughter which makes it easier but don't think I would with young mindees as cant turn the airbag off. (Never use a rear facing car seat in front with airbag)

munch149
03-06-2013, 07:27 AM
This the other option. Cheaper than buying a new car :)
Child Car Seats - 4 Child Car Seat, 3 Child Car Seat & Accessories (http://www.multimac.co.uk/home)

What ages are these suitable for cant find it anywhere. Baby one take up to 13 kg so does that mean the others take from 13 kg