PDA

View Full Version : Pre-reg visit soon!

TraFerd
29-05-2013, 05:51 PM
Hi everyone, I've just had a voicemail from Ofsted wanting to arrange my visit. I'm in a total panic as I seem to have put everything on hold whilst we've been sorting out some financial stuff and I don't know if I'm ready!

What paperwork will they want to see? Do I need to be totally set up ready to accept mindees immediately or can I be in the process of completing some things?

shortstuff
29-05-2013, 05:59 PM
ok lets get the panic dealt with, the pre reg visit is quite a nice one with a lot of chatting and a good look around.

Lets look at the positives, what do you have ready?

What are you still working on?

TraFerd
29-05-2013, 06:04 PM
I've completed my policies and procedures and have a contract that I'm working on with someone I know who is an established childminder.

I've started working on the booklet I need to fill in and am quite happy that I can do it but I don't feel familiar enough with the EYFS to explain it all the someone. Would I be expected to?

Also do I need to have planning and obs templates ready to show? I've had a look at some but haven't really got anything ready to use.

shortstuff
29-05-2013, 06:11 PM
it sounds to me like you are ready. If you explain all of that to Mrs O you should be fine x You dont need to be able to recite EYFS but show you have it to hand and are keen to use it x

Stapleton83
29-05-2013, 06:38 PM
My advice would be work through the workbook and that will help you immensely they don't want you to have everything ready but you may want to talk to some things too rather than show her the evidence. I also had some questions for her, so have a think there might be something you want to ask her.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Sam x

TraFerd
29-05-2013, 07:44 PM
Thanks to you both, I do feel reassured.