PDA

View Full Version : You should get a proper job...

alex1604
29-05-2013, 05:35 PM
4 yr old mindee at the park today saw an ice cream van and asked for an ice cream. I said sorry but I don't have any money with me. His reply 'you should get a job'. Me 'I do have a job, I'm working right now looking after you' mindee 'well you should get a proper job'. Charming!

This is the same mindee who calls our local soft play the pub (it's called the hub) I hope he doesn't go home and tell his parents we went to the pub today ;)

shortstuff
29-05-2013, 05:37 PM
sounds like hes a charming little fellow lol x good luck x

Rick
29-05-2013, 05:38 PM
You should tell the parents they should get a PROPER son! :laughing:

The Juggler
29-05-2013, 05:40 PM
lol! i wonder if he's heard that from somewhere else????:rolleyes:

alex1604
29-05-2013, 05:42 PM
Haha he later added that I should get proper jobs like his mummy and daddy!

Not sure if he's heard it somewhere, his parents are lovely and we have a great relationship so doubt they've said anything like that.

Think he's just getting to an interesting age :)

29-05-2013, 06:01 PM
I once did a theme All About Me with my mindees and part of it was talking about Mummy and Daddy. We started talking about their jobs and what they did and then one of my LOs asked me what's your job? I said looking after u guys to which she laughed and couldn't understand how playing with them was my job! Really made me giggle :)

littlemiss60561
29-05-2013, 06:17 PM
Lol
I've instilled into my ds and the Children the name of my job. When after discussing at lunch the roles of the parents etc one turned to me and said " mummy s always tired because she works hard putting paper clips on paper . Your lucky you don't work " followed by please can you get me... Lol
My ds saying " daddy works hard at x and mummy doesn't work at anything!"
Ps mum does a tad more than paper clipping things but her dd "helps" with that task when she goes in lol
Oh how I will use these against them when they have children haha x

watgem
29-05-2013, 08:43 PM
I have to be honest I hate it when other grown ups say this to me....:( however one of my lovely 5 year old mindees says he is going to train to be a childminder when he grows up so that when I die there will be someone to look after all the children:):):):) bless:) at least he appreciates what I do:)

Simona
29-05-2013, 09:16 PM
Tell that lovely child I am thinking of getting a proper job soon: stacking shelves in Sainsbury's...minimum wage, holiday and sick pay, no paperwork, no MGC and no Truss anywhere near me!!!

Supernanny86
29-05-2013, 09:35 PM
You should tell the parents they should get a PROPER son! :laughing:

Hahahahahaha!!!

lubeam
29-05-2013, 09:47 PM
Lol , ds1 nearly 9 said so now your just lookin after children you can always take me to football coz your not even answering phones any ore ! I use to work in a call centre ! Lol
Ds2 nearly 6 ( with additional needs) says wow mummy now u look after us look after I&I (mindees) weigh fat ppl ( weight watchers leader) work at deli and waitress t ppl with lots of money ( I waitress too for ppl who have marquees in there garden thru the deli ) we should
Have loadsa of money for ps3 games ! Lol :) the way a little mind works eh?!

Little Puddings
30-05-2013, 10:46 AM
A few years ago when I had just finished my degree I was asked by a friend if I was going to get a proper job now... I was rather offended :(
So when she and the rest of the family visited us a year later I purposely left kids art work on display in the playroom, don't think she realised until that point how much we do. I'm 2/3 through my Masters and I still intend to mind once I am finished. My husband has other ideas, he wants me to open a nursery :)