PDA

View Full Version : Reviews on childcare.co.uk

Carol M
29-05-2013, 01:10 PM
Just a quick question, I can't find the answer to......
Can a parent who is not a member and didn't find you through this site, add a review for you? I am presuming said parent needs to create an account then they can add the review..... will parent have to pay to do this ?
Thank you in advance
Carol

CLL
29-05-2013, 01:13 PM
I don't think they have to pay, just create an account. Maybe Richard can clarify.

mama2three
29-05-2013, 01:16 PM
This is one of the root problems unfortunately.
If the parent registers to leave a review their details are available on the site and appear on the lists as parents seeking childcare. One of the reasons why we send out so many messages which dont get replies - these parents were never looking for childcare in the first place.

Rick
29-05-2013, 01:16 PM
Are you thinking of asking existing mindees parents to basically give you references to show potential parents on childcare.co.uk? I would have thought you would have to have found them on the website and they then give you a review but I might be wrong. They definitely have to have a profile, but then are your parents going to want to spend time doing that?

Carol M
29-05-2013, 01:43 PM
Are you thinking of asking existing mindees parents to basically give you references to show potential parents on childcare.co.uk? I would have thought you would have to have found them on the website and they then give you a review but I might be wrong. They definitely have to have a profile, but then are your parents going to want to spend time doing that?

A family whose 2 children I have cared for over the last 6 years and have now sadly had to leave. I have a written one from mum to go in my file but would have liked it to go on my profile too. I have 2 lovely reviews already but as I find this a great site for getting business and obviously want to "sell" myself.:blush: I get the fact that there are a lots of parents on there that don't have profiles or show their childcare requirements or who are no longer looking for childcare but from what I see parents can de-activate their account, which shows up when you go to view their profile, so you don't waste your time messaging them.
Carol

Richard
29-05-2013, 04:02 PM
Just to clarify, any parent registered with us can leave a review for a childcare provider. They don't need to be a paying member and they do not need to have a live profile.

Carol M
29-05-2013, 04:04 PM
Thank you for clarification Richard.
carol