PDA

View Full Version : Is it the end of the day yet?

maisiemog
29-05-2013, 11:25 AM
Today is defiantly dragging by! I've got 4 here plus DD, only 2 are mindees and the other two are my niece and nephew. I'm definitely used as free childcare I think! They are all aged 4-9 so older which I think makes it so much harder!

We've made pizzas, fruit kebabs, played dens and my house already looks like a bomb site! I'm already exhausted but they are having fun. However all I can think is how long it's going to take to tidy up! I'm not normally bothered by it but got prospective parents coming around tonight!

Oh well only 7 working days left until our holiday!!

Stapleton83
29-05-2013, 12:03 PM
Oh dear, not helped by the lack of sunny weather either!

Not quite going home time yet, why don't you get them to help you tidy up we usually make it into a game or a race and then you can start again!

Just keep focusing on your hols.

Sam x

Little miss
29-05-2013, 12:10 PM
Here comes my moan - also having a rubbish day . Only just started minding - in my previous job as a teacher I would have had this week off with my family :-(
Finding adjusting a little difficult to take at the minute, questioning why did I do this :-(

toddlers896
29-05-2013, 12:31 PM
I often ask myself too why did I do this but I keep plodding along and wonder how long I will stick it out. Ime also a bit down lately so sending a big group hug xx

funemnx
29-05-2013, 01:09 PM
The weather definately doesn't help - I'm so much happier in my work when I can go outside with the children. We saw a let up in the rain and went out to feed the ducks - home now..... soaked! :rolleyes:

toddlers896
29-05-2013, 04:06 PM
The weather definately doesn't help - I'm so much happier in my work when I can go outside with the children. We saw a let up in the rain and went out to feed the ducks - home now..... soaked! :rolleyes:

It was worth it though if you managed to grab a big bag of toffee along the way lol x

maisiemog
29-05-2013, 04:41 PM
Still not over yet...mum is now 10 mins late! And to add insult to injury my DD had fallen over and I think it's gonna be a trip to casualty if she doesn't stop limping soon! I know she's hurt herself cos she isn't chasing bubbles around like the rest of them! Think I'm having a BIG glass of wine later!!!

KatieFS
29-05-2013, 05:28 PM
My first few months was a real learning curve. Weather was terrible and that was a big problem. I felt continually guiltily taking littlies out in pouring rain to collect others from school. Once you've got your routine, your lj's and your own goals set it will get easier and you'll start to enjoy it
I feel that I can really see progress in the children I have and that I e made a difference. It makes it all worthwhile for me!
I also feel closer to my own children. Another massive positive.

We just need better weather!!!!!!