PDA

View Full Version : social services checks can i chase

Karen1
29-05-2013, 09:27 AM
Hi

I am waiting and waiting for these checks., the last thing before i can be visited. just so frustrated as really want to get started and actually be able to say yes i am available and see if this can actually work.

can i chase them myself, if so how do i do it...
also, how long have they got to do these checks?

really fed up with all the waiting and waiting now.,,
because will only have to wait and wait again for the visit?

seriously hats off to all you childminders who are set up and running, because i never realised how much you have to go through to get there.

:mad::(:(

suziealderton
29-05-2013, 09:34 AM
Yes chase the social service checks because they held me up good luck x

CLL
29-05-2013, 09:53 AM
I had mine done in 3 different counties because of moving around and it took ages. I didn't think to chase them but if you know who to call I would go ahead. Nothing to loose.

benandjerrys
29-05-2013, 11:58 AM
If I was you I would hound them everyday lol I was just saying the same the other day that if I would of known then what I know now I don't know if I would of gone through with it. Although im sure every childminder felt like this at the start of registering. I just keep thinking of other times that I never thought id "get there" and I did in the end! Iv got my medical tomorrow and that is the last stage for me before the pre reg (depending on whether they think im fit enough) Keep us updated and get on that phone!

Karen1
30-05-2013, 09:24 AM
Right. Just wondering who/what department to ring. Am going to have a look if kids will let me. Just spent hour playing hide n seek as raining here!

Thanks for the replies

Supernanny86
30-05-2013, 11:28 AM
My ofsted application is waiting on ss too. Have no idea what department to ring either!! V frustrating x

shortstuff
30-05-2013, 03:46 PM
I just found any number for ss and phoned, they are quick enough to not want to deal with you themselves so pass you to the correct department. I found I had to chase OH's as they took forever. It turned out that there is a flaw in the system between ofsted and ss's systems and they dont receive the chasing properly.

If i hadnt chased it I dread to think how long it would have taken as we moved between council areas and it caused us to need two each.

Supernanny86
30-05-2013, 05:16 PM
Mines finally been issued today!! I was passed from one person to another last week (SS). Not saying it helped but t least mines all signed off finally!!

Hope you get yours sorted quickly :) x

Karen1
31-05-2013, 06:37 PM
Rang ofsted today to chase ss checks.
I asked how often they got chased. His reply -every two weeks,
I then asked when the last and next chase is.
he put me on hold for a very long time. Came back and said he would personally chase them!
get the feeling that there has been some sort of mishap and they have not been chasing or something. annoyed, but am going to give it a couple of days and ring ofsted again next week.
Am hoping that miraculously they will be sorted by next week adn then the wait for the visit. Patience .

glad everyone is getting sorted.