PDA

View Full Version : A text off mum!!!

MISSYL20
28-05-2013, 06:37 PM
After dropping a mindee home to mum today and telling her about our day an her son was absolutely fine an hour later I received a text 'he said he was crying at yours today??? Xx' I obviously felt quite offended by the way it was worded not even hello, just wondered etc. The mindee has been absolutely fine he had 2 little crys one was when his pull up broke cuz the one's she buys him are too small and the other time was when he hurt my son, my son didn't cry but the mindee did he must have thought he was going to be in trouble but he wasn't I got them to shake hands and that was it. This is basically what I replied to her and said he'd been great all day. The reply then was he said mum I've been crying today cuz I wanted you, he's been really clingy lately must be just a phase. So I then
Replied saying 'he's been absolutely fine smiling happy and playing all day, nothing out of the ordinary if there was I'd have said (which is what I've done in the past) ill keep an eye on him.

I feel quite taken back by her text, am I being silly? If that was me I'd have phoned my CM and said nicely just wondered etc etc

What annoys me is she's saying he's going through a clingy stage with her, he's only been like this since she had her boyfriend staying over!!

Rant over

shortstuff
28-05-2013, 06:39 PM
sounds more like mum is feeling guilty and wants to console herself that its not only at home, I would try to not think about it, if you can help it.x

MISSYL20
28-05-2013, 06:43 PM
Yeah I suppose I could look at it like that I've just taken offence to it. Her text could have been worded differently & I'd have preferred a call rather than a text as you can't tell the wording through a text.

I'm now drinking a nice glass of wine ;-) ha x

shortstuff
28-05-2013, 06:48 PM
i dont blame you, but i think she is just trying to make herself feel better, especially if you say its only since the new boyfriend is staying over. I remember hating when my mum had her bf move in. There was no staying over first n we had a big shock to our systems. parents forget that it can make the children behave differently.

The Juggler
28-05-2013, 09:00 PM
i too get easily upset by these sorts of things - not very tactful it's almost accusing isn't it. I too brush it off with a 'they've been fine all day' but it's difficult when you know things have changed a home and it might be that the child is trying to gain /get attention .

Try to put it behind you hon xx

wellybelly
29-05-2013, 05:45 AM
This is where I find the photo observations come in really handy, if a parent asks me if there child has been alright, I share the ones I've taken throughout the day of the child and show them having a good time or engaged in activities.

CLL
29-05-2013, 05:54 AM
I take video clips of the children and email them to parents. I think it shows much more than a photo and it is great when the children are laughing.

AliceK
29-05-2013, 06:44 AM
I too am constantly snapping away with my camera. Lots of the photos never get used but they are there anyway and in a case like this I would have emailed mum all the ones I had taken that day of her son. I think she could have either waited to speak to you in person about it or if she was really concerned given you a quick call. My DD aged 5 sometimes tells me she's cried at school because she wants me :(. Makes my heart break but I know that for the majority of the school day she's been fine because I trust her teachers to tell me otherwise.

xxxx

MISSYL20
29-05-2013, 11:04 AM
I did actually send her a picture that morning I'm just really miffed by the text, I'd rather of her phoned me. Well I see her again tomorrow so will mention it to her x

Helen79
29-05-2013, 11:55 AM
I did actually send her a picture that morning I'm just really miffed by the text, I'd rather of her phoned me. Well I see her again tomorrow so will mention it to her x

I can be really upsetting as a mum to hear from your lo that they've been unhappy and missing you. She may have been emotional and not wanted to phone in case she got upset on the phone. Maybe she didn't want to make a big deal about it so thought a text would be best.
She was probably busy getting kids ready for bed and just wanted some quick reassurance that he'd been ok. Not sure how old child is but if she'd phoned you and talked about it in front in him he'll know what to do next time to get some extra attention and fuss before bedtime, especially if he's already going through a clingy phase with her.

try not to offence that she text, I'm rubbish at talking on the phone and really hate it, I always text instead, especially if it's something like this as I get flustered on the phone and always come across in the wrong way. Some people just find texting easier

oxfordshirecm
29-05-2013, 09:44 PM
Text messages are awful and should be banded- so easily to Miss understand them or take them the wrong way

smurfette
30-05-2013, 12:04 PM
How was she today Hun?

MISSYL20
01-06-2013, 08:39 AM
She was fine a bit sheepish but I had to bring it up otherwise she wouldn't have mentioned it. I said ' i was really miffed with that text that you sent' and her reply was oh yes and I made a point of just saying to her he was absolutely fine of he wasn't I'd have told you when I gave you feedback and if he was that bad I'd have actually phoned you so he could have spoken to you. She didn't really say much to that she was quite happy then & just said at the moment she feels like crawling into a ball (think she's got a lot going on, i do feel for her being on her own etc but i have my own problems and cant afford to take on anybody elses) and the next thing she asked Was the usual can I pay you 1/2 this week And the rest next week. I get this every month!!!!