PDA

View Full Version : me again another question

kims kingdom
28-05-2013, 05:43 PM
So my new mum who is starting in june 3 days a week just term time then in sept the contract and mum said 3 days a week phoned mum the other day as I coukdnt text and checked with her bout sept and got the reply in sept only need two days one day at nursery where he goes now .
What do I do/ say I don't like confitation and don't want to lose her altogether but I will he losing 100 pound a month.

The Juggler
28-05-2013, 06:17 PM
what did you say at the time hon? I don't know how busy work is round your way but you might prefer to try to fill the other day(s) so you have her LO 2 days and someone else 3 days (if it's quiet) or (if it's very busy and you can be choosy) you could say to her she can have the 2 days, you'll try to fill them but if someone comes wanting all 3 or 5 then you'll need to give the place to them.

It all depends on what you want. I would look at it that you have filled 2 days and you can still fill the 3 days - I have always had lots of p-time children.

What I would do is call back - say you've had time to think about what she said. Tell her you are a little disappointed as you choose your contracts carefully as you have a lot of p-time children and you took this job on on the basis of 3 days per week. Then tell her whatever you decide from the above

Good luck

shortstuff
28-05-2013, 06:24 PM
I am also full, mostly with part time placements. I would try not to worry too much as the change isnt until september.