PDA

View Full Version : silly question

kims kingdom
28-05-2013, 12:58 PM
Im just in the middle of doing 2yr check for my mindee whos 30 months feel like I need to get it done but mums away so will be doing it next week what do I need to ask mum is they any specific questions?
And also learning journeys looking through it omg so much to fill in so were supoose to do 2yr check and then write again in the summary part?
I want it to be right as im guessing ofsted will want to look at it-?
Im so confused

shortstuff
28-05-2013, 01:32 PM
Im just in the middle of doing 2yr check for my mindee whos 30 months feel like I need to get it done but mums away so will be doing it next week what do I need to ask mum is they any specific questions?
And also learning journeys looking through it omg so much to fill in so were supoose to do 2yr check and then write again in the summary part?
Im so confused

ok just start at the beginning and do it in bite sized chunks. Look at it again tomorrow after a nights sleep and maybe it will all click in to place. Sorry I cant offer anything else but I cant see what you have so far x

loocyloo
28-05-2013, 01:35 PM
i would fill out the bits of the 2 yr check that you are doing, then have a chat with mum and talk through the 2 yr check, and get mum to write down any thoughts ( or you write down mums thoughts ) and then discuss what you both might do to extend the childs learning and write that down.

i would then take a copy and put this in the childs learning journey and give the original to mum.

ofsted will want to see it,but only as part of the evidence you have that you are working with parents and showing how the child is developing.

moggy
28-05-2013, 01:43 PM
what do I need to ask mum is they any specific questions?
No, nothing specific is required. But good to read through your summary together, include 'news from home' that you have gathered over recent weeks (if possible, things like 'at home x likes to help feed the cat' or whatever, shows you are valuing what the child does at home as well as with you)), ask for parent's thoughts and input about the child's development and interests- add it to the sheet. Check you all agree on how the child is developing (on track?, falling behind in any area? needing extra support?) and agree on next steps. Ask parent to sign the sheet. Tell parent to share it with HV if they have a 2-year check (although not all HV see families at 2yrs), so give them 2 photocopies of it. If the child attends any other setting then ask parents to give them a copy too.

The 2-year check is a summary, so put a copy in the LJ and use it as you would a normal progress review summary. No need to do another one. Use the 'next steps' in your planning, fiollow up on any extra support needed. Look back on it to see if child is progressing in next 4-6 mths etc.

If you are inspected when this child is in your care then the inspector will look at it and the LJ.

Relax, it is nothing more than a summary of the child's progress, just like you do for all the children once, twice or a few times a year.

kims kingdom
28-05-2013, 03:25 PM
what do I need to ask mum is they any specific questions?
No, nothing specific is required. But good to read through your summary together, include 'news from home' that you have gathered over recent weeks (if possible, things like 'at home x likes to help feed the cat' or whatever, shows you are valuing what the child does at home as well as with you)), ask for parent's thoughts and input about the child's development and interests- add it to the sheet. Check you all agree on how the child is developing (on track?, falling behind in any area? needing extra support?) and agree on next steps. Ask parent to sign the sheet. Tell parent to share it with HV if they have a 2-year check (although not all HV see families at 2yrs), so give them 2 photocopies of it. If the child attends any other setting then ask parents to give them a copy too.

The 2-year check is a summary, so put a copy in the LJ and use it as you would a normal progress review summary. No need to do another one. Use the 'next steps' in your planning, fiollow up on any extra support needed. Look back on it to see if child is progressing in next 4-6 mths etc.

If you are inspected when this child is in your care then the inspector will look at it and the LJ.

Relax, it is nothing more than a summary of the child's progress, just like you do for all the children once, twice or a few times a year.

Thank u so much sometimes just need someone to exolain it in simple terms when I get this one done i can look back on it and be easier
So thank u very much