PDA

View Full Version : Planning / activities and quality assurance - Wales

MISSYL20
26-05-2013, 06:16 PM
I have my first 6 month inspection next week and have only been minding since end of Jan. I'm still not really into it and find planning hard so just go with it on the day park / painting etc depending on what sort of mood the children are in. Is this ok??????

Also, I know I have to complete a quality assurance annually will I need to show the inspector my action plan as I've not been minding 6 mths yet I don't have one and a bit stuck on ideas.

Does anyone have a template I could use to help me complete an action plan ready for my quality assurance??
<Email removed by admin to protect confidentiality>
Thanks

Lucy

tulip0803
26-05-2013, 08:39 PM
Hi Lucy

Your quality of service document needs to come from the annual questionnaires that you give parents/children to review your service. Mine includes activities, flexibility, cleanliness, ability to speak with me, costs, reliability etc. You can put anything that you want into it. When you get the replies you collate the info and write about them. All mine came back good but someone marked me down a bit for flexibility so I have addressed this in my report by stating the numbers that I am registered for and that I cannot go over these numbers (not helped as their previous childminder tended to overmind regularly).

I then wrote about the courses I have completed and things the children and I have done. I then spoke about what I want to do over the next 12 months, courses, equipment buying etc. I also said that I was due to inspected this year and wrote about CSSIW and inspections and that I would give all parents a copy of the report when it was done.

MISSYL20
27-05-2013, 07:47 AM
Ok so am I right that I don't have to complete my quality assurance yet? I already have questionnaires back off parents I can show them when they visit.

Thanks for your help xx

tulip0803
27-05-2013, 11:53 AM
Show your inspector the questionnaires that have come back and ask her advice on how she wants you to do a report. She may ask you to complete one soon and send it to CSSIW (a local childminder was told she had to send it in within the month). There is no problem with asking their advice particularly as it is your first one.

Forgot to say that you can also use the info that you put in the inspection documents to put in the report.

Cariad
27-05-2013, 09:05 PM
I haven't done a quality of care report yet either. Do I need to send the report to CSSIW when it's done?

tulip0803
27-05-2013, 09:17 PM
I haven't done a quality of care report yet either. Do I need to send the report to CSSIW when it's done?

Three minders from our group that have been inspected recently have all been told they need to send them in each year. One hadn't done hers so was given it as a requirement to complete in a month and send in. Two different inspectors.

I stuck mine on the end of the census report along with my Statement of Purpose. Would rather send more than they need IYSWIM. I am due insp by Oct this year.