PDA

View Full Version : Deluded parents

CLL
24-05-2013, 07:47 PM
I had an enquiry today on childcare.co.uk. Parent wanted me to do 1pm-11.30pm every day for 2 weeks. I replied back saying unfortunately I can not work these hours. So she sent a reply saying 'but you have ticked you provide overnight care. I want my child to be with an Ofsted registered childminder. Can you tell me how old your child is, where you live and how much do you charge?'

Eh, no.

I have had a week of deluded parents. first one parent blamed child getting a cold because of getting fresh air. Then I had a parent booked in for a visit today, she didn't show so I sent an email 'sorry you couldn't make it' she sent one back saying oops she forgot can we just arrange another day, answer was sorry not available any more, and then this. Glad to have a week off.

oxfordshirecm
24-05-2013, 07:55 PM
I would reply- yes I can do it and my charge is £15 per hour :)

CLL
24-05-2013, 08:01 PM
Lol, my husband said the same!

caz3007
24-05-2013, 08:43 PM
Ummm that's not overnight care :panic:

If you are anything like me, you are fast asleep on the sofa by 9.30 usually or in my bed by 10

Mummits
25-05-2013, 06:21 AM
I would say I DO do overnight care, so if she'd like to pick them up at 8am I'd consider it - AND it will be £15/hr!

CLL
25-05-2013, 06:23 AM
I know, I mean what am I to do with a 3yo until this time of night? I would still have to be up at 6.30 to be ready for regualr children.

Koala
25-05-2013, 06:27 AM
I know, I mean what am I to do with a 3yo until this time of night? I would still have to be up at 6.30 to be ready for regualr children.

And do you think the parents cares? :laughing: :laughing:

Sometimes I feel like we are just a commodity, used, abused and discarded. :angry:

I've got a week off too, boy do i need it. :D

WibbleWobble
25-05-2013, 03:03 PM
one of my mums told me yesterday she had applied for a new job. It would mean 7:30am starts and 7pm finishes.....i said i could do the 7:30 starts but not the 7pm finishes as 11.5hr days were not good. Oh she says....it wont be 7:30-7pm.....it will be 12 til 7 if its the late finish.

I kindly reminded her i didnt just look after her child i also looked after 5 others and i was already starting at 7:30am for other parents...thats why the early starts were ok.

they really dont understand we are not just looking after their darling do they?

wibble the :rolleyes: x