PDA

View Full Version : Am i doing everything right?

Jelly Baby
24-05-2013, 11:41 AM
I look after a 7 nearly 8 month year old 2.5 days per week. I have had an enquiry for a 6 month year old. IF I could do it I would have the 2 of them together for

1 hour on a tue in the morning and 3 hours in the aft
Same on a wed and 1 hour on a Thus

I know now you have to consult parents and that I need to contact Ofsted and am not sure what to do first as not sure I have the job! So I have run it past my 2 familys just incase who are ok with it..can someone direct me in the right direction of the variation form I need to do please to confirm they are happy. Also do I contact Ofsted now incase it takes ages or leave it till I know I have the job?! I have looked after baby twins before so know I am able to do it, have everything but obviously need to get everything in place beforehand.

JCrakers
24-05-2013, 11:47 AM
Edited because I didn't read the message properly...lol

It's been a long day

Hope someone can help soon

Tazmin68
24-05-2013, 12:03 PM
I am under the impression that 2 under one year is only for continuity of childcare or exceptional circumstances such as twins.

sarah707
24-05-2013, 12:05 PM
You do not need to contact Ofsted about changing the conditions of your registration - variations - they will direct you back to the wording in the EYFS.

The EYFS says that you can only look after 2 babies under the age of 1 in exceptional circumstances for continuity of care.

What you are describing in your post is taking on a new child which is classed as new business - you cannot use new business as a reason to care for 2 babies.

I hope this clarifies :D

Jelly Baby
24-05-2013, 12:23 PM
Nightmare..i thought I could so long as I proved I was capable. Iv'e put so much effort into trying to sort this out and feel really deflated now as lost a couple I have and need the work.

Jelly Baby
24-05-2013, 01:27 PM
Does anyone know if there is anything else i can do? work is so so hard to get and im panicking already at the loss of the 2 i have going and this was a real relief. I have emailed Ofsted anyway as worth a shot.

smurfette
24-05-2013, 01:49 PM
Could either parent swap their days? Never know Til you ask! Such a shame

Jelly Baby
24-05-2013, 02:59 PM
:(:( called Ofsted..figured with a bank holiday I wouldn't get a response quick enough. It's a no:angry:
I have emailed the mum back very apologetic. The baby I have now though turns 1 in August which is sooner than I thought so have said if she hasn't got anyone im here! That I can do Mon & Wed all day until then if they can juggle work..like you said you never know. Then I get an email from Ofsted..not really an answer as such just a referral back to the rules which I know! Ah well knew it was too good to be true!

THEN I get another enquiry. 2 days per week..all day. Great..not as good BUT its work and im very happy until the mum tells me her mum lives round corner which may knock the hours down even more! We will see shes booked to see me Tuesday..fingers crossed.

oxfordshirecm
24-05-2013, 07:48 PM
Fingers crossed it all works out for u

Jelly Baby
25-05-2013, 04:28 PM
Thanks. The mum of the baby says she would like to use me and is going to speak to work. The other mum is round on Tuesday. Will see what happens!

bindy
25-05-2013, 04:43 PM
I really hope it works out for you, with work being so tight!

Petshrinklj
25-05-2013, 08:01 PM
Best of luck. Hopefully mum can swap her work days and you get the new enquiry too :)

Jelly Baby
27-05-2013, 12:00 PM
Thanks ladies. New mum tomorrow so will keep fingers crossed! x

Kirstylob
27-05-2013, 08:04 PM
Good luck for tomorrow. Hope that you can fit them all in. :)

smurfette
27-05-2013, 08:15 PM
Good luck jelly baby hope it all pans out x

KatieFS
28-05-2013, 12:20 PM
I know the panic and uncertainty with money is horrible. Glad your moving forward now. I do find the numbers a bit confusing at times! Good luck x