PDA

View Full Version : Waiting!

CLL
24-05-2013, 10:46 AM
So I unexpectedly have a day off today but I had arranged a visit for 11.30. So no time before or after to do anything useful once I have taken ds to school. I have cleaned all the house and now feel like a spare part waiting for late parent to arrive. Ugh, I am not used to doing nothing, feels unnatural!

CLL
24-05-2013, 11:10 AM
Ok, parent now 40 min late. I stupidly did not ask for her number as it was all done via email. I have to go out in 20 min to meet my do. Would you wait? How long is acceptable?

CH1957
24-05-2013, 11:13 AM
I wouldnt wait any longer but would send a polite email - 'hi, was expecting you today at 11.30, hope there isnt a problem', something along those lines. Its so annoying when parents just dont turn up.

Koala
24-05-2013, 11:32 AM
I wouldnt wait any longer but would send a polite email - 'hi, was expecting you today at 11.30, hope there isnt a problem', something along those lines. Its so annoying when parents just dont turn up.

Same here. That is so not on.

chezzagriff
24-05-2013, 11:33 AM
Yes I would just send an email saying that you expected her at 11.30 and include your number. It winds me up when parents do that its not hard to send a quick message saying they cant make it or have changed their mind. Would they like to wait round all day :angry:

Tazmin68
24-05-2013, 11:39 AM
Go out do not wait any longer send message if you can. Unless parent contacts to apologise I take it as an indicator that can have issues re payments if they ever they did start.

CLL
24-05-2013, 01:50 PM
Cheers for replying. I did go out at 12.30 but annoyed I wasted a rare day off to wait in. She did have my email address and mobile number so she could have sent a text at least. I have just sent a quick email to her saying sorry she could not make our meeting and I trust she has made other childcare arrangements. It is always the ones who are 'desperate' for care that don't show. Oh well off for 9 days now, and on the plus side the housework is done!

oxfordshirecm
24-05-2013, 07:52 PM
This is why I always talk to the parent first before i make arrangements to meet- makes things for personable so less likely to just not turn up- I hope lol