PDA

View Full Version : Advertising help

gremlin
24-05-2013, 09:58 AM
I am starting up again after a 12 month break. I've advertised in local shops, on netmums, on childcare and have my own website to try get some mindees.

Would you recommend getting a professional sign for my gate for passers by or a Facebook business page?

Have a missed any advertising opportunities?

lynncjt
29-05-2013, 06:03 PM
Hi,

I'm on Childcare.co.uk and have got 2 children via that.

Most of my enquires though come via Facebook, I have my own business page that comes up in Google searches and I also advertise on the Local Selling pages which is very successful.

Stapleton83
29-05-2013, 06:35 PM
Have had a few come from chidcare.co.uk but what about trying your family information service to make sure they have your details or the local schools/preschool.

Good luck.

Sam x

The Juggler
29-05-2013, 08:12 PM
your local children's centre should have a CM board to advertise on also :thumbsup:

Mia73
29-05-2013, 08:31 PM
I have got some of my mindees from childcare.co.uk and most of them through other childminders who are full, so I am full now too :)

sarah707
30-05-2013, 09:10 AM
You will find lots of ideas on the new Independent Childminders website :D

Promoting Yourself (http://independentchildminders.co.uk/promotingyourself.html)

cbj1609
31-05-2013, 08:30 AM
You will find lots of ideas on the new Independent Childminders website :D

Promoting Yourself (http://independentchildminders.co.uk/promotingyourself.html)

Thank you for the extra ideas. I have been a minder for a long time and this the worst it has been in trying to find mindees. I am based in Farnham Surrey and majority of people are looking for au pairs or nannies. Not many in this area. So I think I need to advertise in local shops.

supermumy
31-05-2013, 08:53 AM
I found it hard lately I advertised Netmums mumsnet made a website local surestart nursery school library etc
Once I took one on I've had so many calls and offers its jut typical it like waiting for a bus haha
I'm sure something will come soon :)

Wee Care
20-06-2013, 04:48 PM
Most of my enquires though come via Facebook, I have my own business page that comes up in Google searches and I also advertise on the Local Selling pages which is very successful.

Do you pay anything to promote your Facebook page or is it just through friends liking that the word was spread for you?