PDA

View Full Version : Baby born

clareelizabeth1
24-05-2013, 09:46 AM
For my niece fourth birthday a baby born was all she wanted so with grandparents I clubbed in.

Well now we all wish we hadn't. You can feed and water the baby which is great all loving and caring but then strait after you feed it you have to give it a drink then "shake vigorously to remove any debris".

You can also give baby a bath which again loving and caring. Then yet again "shake vigorously to remove water".

Is it just me that hears shaken baby syndrome.

You can also make the baby cry by squeasing its arm really hard and I mean really hard.

So now instead of a doll to care for I feel she is instead being taught how to harm a baby. I really don't think this doll is appropriate and I am going to be writing to the manufactures. I spend all day teaching children to be nice to each other and then they bring out this.

Am I over reacting or do you agree.

chezzagriff
24-05-2013, 11:40 AM
With the shaking to remove all of the water I see what you mean but to a child she probably sees it for what it is. Removing all the water from a toy. Although would be better if you didnt have to do that just incase some children think you shake babies when getting them out of the bath! As for the making the baby cry why on earth would they make that!!!! That could be seen as teaching violence in my eyes.