PDA

View Full Version : What else do i need?

Nicola Carlyle
23-05-2013, 08:58 PM
Hi guys.

Just registered my husband and a friend as my assistants. Filled out the EY2 form, sent them off and have revue bed letters from ofsted stating they have deemed them suitable to work as my assistants. Great.

My question is what else do I need to do in order for them to begin working alongside me? None of them have a current first aid so I'm aware they cannot be left with the children for any period if time but does this now mean I can increase my numbers and if so in what way? What training should I look into for them and would I be able to get funding for this?

pinkbutterfly
23-05-2013, 09:28 PM
Funding depends on local council so just check yours. I think it would be good to invest in First Aid training and see if council offers safeguarding training.
You need contract of employment for your assistants, stating their responsibilities. Check if your insurance covers your employer liability. Update policies and procedures to reflect new staff. Get the assistants to read them and sign they agree. You need to inform parents you are employing assistants and you need to get permission from them as well. You may not necessarily be able to increase the numbers it just depends on your space.