PDA

View Full Version : Cypop 5 someone said i have to do this however local authority not mentioned it

aella851
23-05-2013, 01:38 PM
Staffordshire I went on a pre registration course.
It's doesn't say and they didn't say anything about the cypop 5 course?
This is the letter for the retraining courses.

Dear Prospective Childminder

Childminder training programme The early years Foundation Stage framework (EYFS) States childminders must have completed a local authority approved training course which helps them understand and implement the EYFS before they can register with Ofsted.
To ensure that requirements are met the Local Authority have an approved training program to support prospective childminders.
Early Years foundation stage into practice
Business training for childminders
Paediatric first aid
Safeguarding awareness level 1 unit A
Safeguarding awareness level 1 unit B

Completion of the local authority training program will enable perspective childminders to:

Set up our sustainable high quality home based childcare provision.

Implement the EYFS into their everyday practice.

Recognised and respond appropriately to a comprehensive range of first aid emergencies.

Become familiar with procedures for identifying and reporting suspected abuse and consider the best ways in which early years practice can protect children and support families.

Become familiar with information sharing and inter agency working.

So I'm very confused now. As I thought that was what was required for Ofsted.

Petshrinklj
23-05-2013, 01:42 PM
The cypop5 will be the bit where it says local authority approved training course. They might call it understanding how to set up a home based childcare service or something similar

Little miss
23-05-2013, 01:53 PM
My LA sprung this on us and then told us the deadline day was Boxing Day (last year) merry Christmas everyone!