PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Buggy Duet

muffins
23-05-2013, 10:28 AM
Anyone got a Mountain Buggy Duet? Whats to like/not like?

I like the look of it but am wondering about the seat space as its so narrow. I currently have a nipper double 360, anyone had both, can compare?

tia x

mama2three
23-05-2013, 02:18 PM
very interested in the responses - I am trying to decide between the nipper - cheaper , lighter and will fit in my car boot with all 7 seats up but not through my front door ; or the duet - still very expensive even second hand , will fit through my front door , too heavy and bulky for the carboot.

acorns
01-06-2013, 08:38 PM
I've had both at different times and would go for the nipper(have just ordered a new nipper v3 :). The duet was not easy to push one handed when loaded with two toddlers whereas the nipper is. I bought a nipper 2nd hand (&sold it for the same price!) but was so impressed i think it's worth buying new as I'll keep it for a long timeThe nipper doesn't fit through my front door but as it's so easy to use i'm overlooking that and also hoping i can find a suitable buggy board.hth

SammySplodger
02-06-2013, 10:59 AM
I currently have both (although my Nipper is now up for sale) and I much prefer the MB Duet, as I cannot work with a buggy that won't fit through my front door. I usually walk my dog after lunch and one or both Mindees are usually asleep by the time I return. It's not much fun if you have to wake them up just to go back into the house.

I haven't noticed a significant difference in the size of seat from the Nipper, or older versions of the double MB. It also goes through far more doorways than the Nipper (shops, public transport) and the babies look really comfortable in it.

Admittedly folding to fit in the car isn't an issue for me, as I don't drive and just walk everywhere or use public transport.

I have owned a ridiculous amount of different double buggies (ahem... 8!) and the MB Duet is definitely the one I'm sticking with :-)

watgem
02-06-2013, 07:56 PM
oh I might have to get a MB duet now to keep up with you Sammysplodge lol

SammySplodger
02-06-2013, 08:09 PM
oh I might have to get a MB duet now to keep up with you Sammysplodge lol

Hee Hee!

By the end of this week I should have a mere 3 buggies! :-O

A couple of weeks ago I had 7! but I have made an effort recently to sell on all the ones I'm not using.

mama2three
03-06-2013, 07:31 AM
sammy - does it feel as light and manoeverable to push as the nipper?

SammySplodger
04-06-2013, 11:46 AM
sammy - does it feel as light and manoeverable to push as the nipper?

It is very slightly less light & manoeuvrable, but negligible really ...the width issue gives the MB the edge for me.

SammySplodger
04-06-2013, 11:49 AM
Anyone got a Mountain Buggy Duet? Whats to like/not like?

I like the look of it but am wondering about the seat space as its so narrow. I currently have a nipper double 360, anyone had both, can compare?

tia x

It's not the seat width that makes it so much slimmer - it's the measurement from wheel to wheel - the metal chassis bends inwards, so that the wheels are not the widest point. There is an illustration on the MB website showing this. Hard to describe! I used a MB double Urban for 3 years at my old house and I really don't think the seats on the Duet are significantly narrower. Only an issue if you have massive/wide children. My 6 year old sat in it the other day!

mama2three
27-06-2013, 11:57 AM
well I bit the bullet and now have a new Duet.
Love that I can use it as a single or a double as I bought the joey bag that goes with it. its actually not that heavy to get in and out of the car either , but can only have 6 seats up not 7. Best of all it fits through the door. Going to be a godsend in September when I have the new babies :clapping:

samb
27-06-2013, 12:20 PM
Love that I can use it as a single or a double as I bought the joey bag that goes with it. its actually not that heavy to get in and out of the car either , but can only have 6 seats up not 7. Best of all it fits through the door. Going to be a godsend in September when I have the new babies :clapping:

What car have you got if you don't mind me asking?

mama2three
27-06-2013, 05:08 PM
What car have you got if you don't mind me asking?

its a grand scenic , 7 seater.

SammySplodger
29-06-2013, 04:08 PM

:-)
I absolutely love mine - because it's the same width as a single I often use it with just one child, especially if I have lots of stuff to carry or need to go shopping. I also have a Joey bag but confess I haven't used it yet.