PDA

View Full Version : PLA conference

Simona
23-05-2013, 07:15 AM
Is there anyone on this forum who is a member of PLA?...if so what made you decide to be their member?
are you happy with their m'ship?
Are you going to their Conference on 7 June?

I am a member of ncma until end of August but when the time comes I would like to consider all my options and see who, out there, will offer me the best representation as an 'independent' cm...
Hope you can share

Smiley
23-05-2013, 03:16 PM
I have just renewed with them today, I've been a member for one year now, had to join as a baby and toddler group member (£35) although I asked today how much longer until they launch the childminder package. Apparently it won't be long now everything in draft format and sounds like they may have sorted the insurance out now, which seems to have been part of the delay.

The magazines are delivered through the post. The online Educare courses have been great, I've accessed about six of the free ones. These are free to members and up to 20 staff!
I'm not going to the conference this year but know a childminder who is

Tiny Trees
23-05-2013, 07:14 PM
I am a PLA member- love the educare courses (have done all of the free ones and paid for food hygeine) love the magazine and find them very helpful. Will be renewing next year, as it is brilliant value for money for me. Will not be joining PACEY.

Not going to the conference this year :( treating myself to tickets next year though.

I joined for the magazine and educare package. Will stay because it is brilliant. Can't wait to see what happens when they offer properly to childminders :)

Simona
24-05-2013, 07:53 AM
I will be going to the conference as well...
The agenda includes a speech from Sue Gregory (who likes cms hubs) and a workshop with Ofsted about cms hubs, frequency of inspections and workforce requirements
I am also interested in finding out what cms think of their m'ship with PLA...from comments here all seem happy but it is the future of cms that is my interest

I am also curious to know how many cms are actually members of PLA now, how they view PLA's representation of cms, how PLA will represent independent cms and how they view our present barriers to inclusion in the Free Entitlement and, above all, what is their view of childcare hubs??

I received a call from the CEO two days ago and he did confirm that the cms package is due to be launched soon so I am looking forward to finding out more