PDA

View Full Version : Urgent advice re spots

23-05-2013, 06:43 AM
My mindee was sent home yesterday from preschool with suspected chicken pox. I was the one on call out and when I collected preschool manager showed me mindees itchy spots. I took him home and then called mum to collect.

Mum has text me this morning to say that she doesn't think it's chicken pox and is taking him to GP and if its confirmed that it isn't, she will then bring him to me.

Preschool won't accept so should I?

vals
23-05-2013, 06:52 AM
If the doctor says its nothing to be concerned about then pre school have no reason to not accept them back. I would take them.

christine e
23-05-2013, 07:06 AM
Agree with Vals:thumbsup:

Supernanny86
23-05-2013, 07:07 AM
If the doctor says its nothing to be concerned about then pre school have no reason to not accept them back. I would take them.

I agree :)

Koala
23-05-2013, 10:49 AM
If it isn't contagious no need to exclude from anywhere, but, I am surprised you were called to collect 'a sick child', that would be my first concern :panic: is this normal?
I would suggest this be addressed. :thumbsup:

QualityCare
23-05-2013, 11:43 AM
If it isn't contagious no need to exclude from anywhere, but, I am surprised you were called to collect 'a sick child', that would be my first concern :panic: is this normal?
I would suggest this be addressed. :thumbsup:

If newbie agreed to be contact for the school and mum has said she is first contact then yes its normal, if no permission given then it should be sorted.

Koala
23-05-2013, 11:50 AM
If newbie agreed to be contact for the school and mum has said she is first contact then yes its normal, if no permission given then it should be sorted.

WOW, I don't think I would pick up a sick child from school or pre school, it's hard enough safeguarding our setting from potential illness never mind a accepting a child that another childcare setting has excluded, surely this isn't right.:thumbsup:

Mummits
23-05-2013, 12:54 PM
I have to agree that you should not be picking up sick, potentially contagious, children from another setting, or indeed accepting them direct from home, unless of course you have no other mindees and no children of your own and are therefore free to make your own judgement about the risk to yourself. I think you do need to make sure your policies adequately protect the health of any other children in this respect.
That said, if or when a doctor confirmed that the rash was not contagious, and if the child was well enough in himself to attend, I would not then exclude him. I would want to know exactly what the doctor diagnosed though.

23-05-2013, 12:57 PM
Thanks for all the advise. Just to clarify, I always collect mindee from preschool and it was when I collected him that the preschool manager took me to one side and said about the chicken pox and that she wouldn't accept him the next session. I ten went straight home and phoned mindees mum to collect :)

So anyway LO has been to GP and been told its insect bites so he is now with me

24-05-2013, 03:34 PM
Got mindee today and there are new spots now! I agree that they don't look like chicken pox but am wondering how he as got even more insect bites?? He has been beside himself this afternoon and hasn't stopped scratching. I have called parents to ask for him to be collected as I have nothing that I can administer to calm it down :(

Chimps Childminding
24-05-2013, 04:24 PM
Do the family have pets? Could they be flea bites and that's why there are more today?

angeldelight
24-05-2013, 06:51 PM
Do the family have pets? Could they be flea bites and that's why there are more today?

Yes I had a child with them once

Nasty things

Angel xx

oxfordshirecm
24-05-2013, 08:31 PM
Def sounds like fleas- has he been playing in long grass? As this happened with one if my mindees and it was so itchy for them