PDA

View Full Version : DH...i am fed up with him...

VeggieSausage
22-05-2013, 11:16 PM
a. He does no housework
b. He acts like I do none either :angry:
c. He doesn't like me childminding from our house
d. He leaves his stuff around the place for me to put away every morning
e. In the morning he gets up early and has an hour to himself before anyone is up then gets in the shower when me and my teenagers are up 7am-ish, hogs the bathroom and then get this, lies on our bed for half an hour until it is time for him to leave for work, leaving me to do packed lunches, clear up the kitchen, greet mindees, do dd's hair etc etc etc....
f. Comes in from work and goes for a lie down (tired from a days work - um yeah!) while I cook tea while mindees still here....
g. Need I go on.....:angry::angry::angry:

I don't want to swap him but good grief I need extra powers of patience sometimes....

covgalxxx
22-05-2013, 11:59 PM
I'm not a childminder yet, but I have the same problem with my other half and my ds, I am trying to get into a routine now so when I am one it's not a shock to them, trying to get then to help is so hard, my son has a rota of jobs I give him and he never does then and when I tell him I'm nagging and says he knows he will do them and of course doesn't, it's like they don't want me to be a childminder, my dp won't do jobs or get stuff for the house ready for when ofsted come,

maisiemog
23-05-2013, 05:43 AM
Sounds exactly like my DH. This morning I've Been up since 6am, still not had a cup of tea as I've been sorting washing, packed lunches, breakfast etc. He's sat watching sky sports news even though he's meant to sort breakfast.

I can't remember the last time he washed up, put a load of washing on or did something more around the house than put his bike helmet away (and then he only did that cos i told him if he sent I would put it away in the skip down the road!).

He seems to think cos I'm home all day he doesn't have to so anything cos I can. And then in an evening will quite happily sit playing his Playstation or watching tv while I'm cleaning until gone 8. If we both did it we could be sat down together by 7.15 at the latest!

Arghh!!! I love him dearly and like you wouldn't want anybody else but he does make me cross as well! Must be a man thing!

Daisy De
23-05-2013, 05:49 AM
I don't have one of those DH things anymore and by the sounds of it I think I will keep it that way :D

~Grasshopper~
23-05-2013, 05:49 AM
i feel your pain.

mine wants the income from minding but not the children!!!.

he comes home early sometimes puts horse racing on gets the laptop trails the wire across the floor then says its his house :angry:.

he leave coins lying around, glasses down the side of chairs, bathroom cupboard open, total mess everywhere and does NO house work. i get up at 6 to prepare and i have 10mins to dress our children before others arrive (if they arent early!!!!!) he lies in bed till he is ready to go to work.

im 5mths pregnant and could happily murder him.

i am a nagg for mentioning anything :(.

xx

Rubybubbles
23-05-2013, 06:09 AM
One of those weeks for me too

watgem
23-05-2013, 06:20 AM
:laughing::laughing::laughing: I love this post:laughing::laughing::laughing: I have one of these hubbies too and I would cheerfully swap him-for a bigger garden or anther buggy to add to my hoarde lol! or a robo vaccuum cleaner

VeggieSausage
23-05-2013, 06:38 AM
:laughing::laughing::laughing: I love this post:laughing::laughing::laughing: I have one of these hubbies too and I would cheerfully swap him-for a bigger garden or anther buggy to add to my hoarde lol! or a robo vaccuum cleaner

hadn't considered swapping for something useful!!! lol

Chimps Childminding
23-05-2013, 06:55 AM
I've got one of those too :angry::angry: Doesn't do anything all week, and if I need any DIY doing it has to be between October and April, when the cricket season has finished as he is away with DS3 all weekend watching him play cricket!!! When I mentioned last BH that I had a few things he could do while he was off, I was informed it was a Bank Holiday :angry::angry:

My 4 sons are all adults now, but still living at home and I regularly have their gf's staying too, so there is always plenty to do, but obviously because he goes out to work, and I'm at home (albeit working) its my job!!!!!!!!!

Swapping him for something useful sounds like a brilliant plan :D

Daftbat
23-05-2013, 07:08 AM
I am sorry you have a DH like this. I know you are trying to put a bit of a jovial act on but seriously he needs to get his act together.

If he really is as bad as it reads then I hope that there are other areas of your lives together where he pulls his weight.

I really think that it difficult to do this job if your family has any problems and is not fully supportive. Although my hubby isn't perfect he is very supportive and does his share of chores and even helps me with the kids when he gets home from work.

TooEarlyForGin?
23-05-2013, 07:09 AM
But ladies, remember they have hard days at work, and we are at home all day "just looking after kids" ( actual quote from DH) it's taken me 10 years, of arguments, refusing to "pop" here and there to do little jobs for him, to accept I actually do a valid job. Even then we still argue about it. If its this hard to get our nearest and dearest to accept us as professionals, no wonder other people struggle.

wendywu
23-05-2013, 08:25 AM
If i were you lot i would go and spend my hard earned money on a lovely holiday abroad WITHOUT him.

My DH miffed me off, so i just booked for me and (another minder ) my good friend to go to Florida Oct half term Christmas Shopping, that soon stopped him in his tracks. :laughing:

Sunshine and cheap shopping , what more can you want :thumbsup:

chriss
23-05-2013, 08:44 AM
It's posts like this which reminds me of why I am single...tee hee :clapping:

been there, done that...and don't want to buy THAT t-shirt again :clapping:

clareelizabeth1
23-05-2013, 09:12 AM
Got to say in my house I quite possibly should be pulling my weight more. I am very lucky and don't have to cook. We do almost equal cleaning I just have my playroom on top. Which is fair as its nothing to do with him.

JCrakers
23-05-2013, 09:32 AM
Sounds a little like mine, not as bad but I've become a nag to get him to do things. I promised myself when I got married I wouldn't be a nag but he would just do nothing at all so now he does a bit.
I still have to tell him what needs doing which is really wearing and we had a big argument last night because instead of getting dd out of the shower and into bed by 930 he chose to watch dr. Who instead and didn't even realise she needed to go to bed. It was 10 pm by the time she got into bed.

CLL
23-05-2013, 09:39 AM
I too think I am lucky with my dh. He doesn't do the housework but then again I don't like him to do it as its never up to my standards! I know I complain to him about not doing it but I am not that bothered as he has spent the last 2 years building me the home we have now even though he didn't want to do it. He also does all the jobs I need for cm when I ask him such as building a climbing frame, fitting on gates and locks, building bookcases etc. He does some of the cooking, he gets up with our 4yo son at 6.30 even on sat and sun. Plays with him, takes him to the park etc. I have even asked him to give up building and be my assistant. After reading other people's posts on here I must stop nagging him about the little things.

watgem
23-05-2013, 12:29 PM
we could start up a DH swapshop for things we really need or want lol:laughing::laughing::laughing:

BuggsieMoo
23-05-2013, 12:39 PM
Mines the same as are my darling sons who at times seem incapable of being able to do anything.....its simple Mummy/wifey can be exactly the same and suddenly when theres no dinner, no clean clothes, no glasses etc they all find the ability to do things.

Men!!!

wendywu
23-05-2013, 12:39 PM
we could start up a DH swapshop for things we really need or want lol:laughing::laughing::laughing:

What do you mean SWAP , i would not even want anything in return for mine :laughing:

jillplum
23-05-2013, 01:34 PM
Happy to be single! Staying this way too. Once bitten twice shy and all that lol

aella851
23-05-2013, 01:47 PM
I'm a single mum. Just registered onto the courses. I have a boyfriend of 3 months and when he stays over. He helps cook dinner and he has just done the foundation base to put up a greenhouse. He is helping look after my kids when I go on my first aid course with his 2 kids. And he is having my kids one evening to do another course.
He don't do housework, not sure what he be like if he ever moved in. But he impressing me so far.

I would be very frustrated if I was thought of as home all day and I actually was working as a child minder all day. Think if two people work hard then its a bit of give and take.

Found this thread amusing

munch149
23-05-2013, 02:14 PM
Thought my oh was bad but that sounds worse mine will do stuff now and again but only when I moan at him. The more you let them get away with the less they do. I wasn't working when I first moved in with oh so did everything for him. yet now I'm working full time I still do everything. Men are annoying aren't they

step11
23-05-2013, 03:07 PM
Was beginning to think I was the only one. Drives me mad!!

VeggieSausage
23-05-2013, 03:44 PM

Thats a good idea, I could do with a new pair of socks, will swap him for those....heeeheee.....let's hope he doesn't ever decide to become my assistant and read this (NOOO CHANCE of that so I am safe)....:laughing::D:laughing:

Bear23
23-05-2013, 04:08 PM
I have the same but the difference is hes just my partner, i am 34 weeks pregnant, working every hour god sends to sort money so i can have a decent amount of time off with my baby.
while he just sits and looks at the mess.

Doesnt do a dam thing to help me.

So today i have sent him back to his mums :):) i figured its her fault hes this way so she can have him back :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cinnamon Sugar
23-05-2013, 04:32 PM
But ladies, remember they have hard days at work, and we are at home all day "just looking after kids" ( actual quote from DH) it's taken me 10 years, of arguments, refusing to "pop" here and there to do little jobs for him, to accept I actually do a valid job. Even then we still argue about it. If its this hard to get our nearest and dearest to accept us as professionals, no wonder other people struggle.

Absolutely agree! My husband 'jokes' that childminders sit around drinking coffee and chatting while the children play and often asks me to 'nip' here and 'pop' there. Yes darling I'd love to pick up your dry cleaning with 3 kids in tow!

watgem
23-05-2013, 05:42 PM
Hehe i hadn't thought of sending him back to his mum lol mind you i dont think she'd have him as she has 3 other sons and a hubby who is just like his sons lol

MrsP2C
23-05-2013, 06:39 PM
When i went out to work Dh & I shared everything & he was even a SAHD for a while so knows all to well what it involves but since starting cming I can slowly see him turning into one of the lazy git OH's you guys seem to have!
If I have a big moan then he'll help out for a few days before slipping back into caveman mode & to add insult to injury he also works from home some days but doesn't seem to understand that as we *both* work from home we should *both* share the load.

The Juggler
23-05-2013, 06:45 PM
oooh I daren't comment :panic::angry: seriously if this were me - it'd be ultimatum time. whether a man sees what a hard job I do or not - housework and o kids are 50:50 split or I'm walking or pushing him out - end of :mad:

i feel for you - but I'd go on strike a bit - do everything else round the house except HIS stuff, tell him there's no time for packed lunches he'll have to buy his own and give you money for the kids ones etc, etc til he gets the message;)

rosebud
23-05-2013, 06:48 PM
I have the answers to your problems:

1) Partners should live in separate premises, they can visit but only if they help out with housework / ironing / childcare / DIY, etc
2) Try to find a partner that's pre-used (previously married), this way they come part trained and its not so much hard work

Well its worked for me! :blush::blush:

caz3007
23-05-2013, 07:05 PM

I am hanging onto mine. I had a rubbish version for many years and upgraded him for a much more helpful model. My hubby does loads for me and while he doesn't always do the housework to my standards, he does meals, the garden, changes DS's cabin bed and hoovers, washes up and more or less what I ask him. I know I am so lucky

FussyElmo
23-05-2013, 07:21 PM
Mmm if I let my dh not do anything then he wouldn't that's why hes doesn't get the chance.

If hes not getting the hints then I don't do anything for a couple of days. Mess drives him crazy much more than it does me. Cue one sparkling kitchen this morning. Also he tidies up so much better than I do :)

~Grasshopper~
23-05-2013, 07:25 PM
I'm a single mum. Just registered onto the courses. I have a boyfriend of 3 months and when he stays over. He helps cook dinner and he has just done the foundation base to put up a greenhouse. He is helping look after my kids when I go on my first aid course with his 2 kids. And he is having my kids one evening to do another course.
He don't do housework, not sure what he be like if he ever moved in. But he impressing me so far.

I would be very frustrated if I was thought of as home all day and I actually was working as a child minder all day. Think if two people work hard then its a bit of give and take.

3mths!!!! haha wait till its 13yrs, mine was the perfect gent at first.

Bob
23-05-2013, 07:31 PM
Peeks head over the wall ................... peers around at the assembled throng ............................... hides!

covgalxxx
23-05-2013, 08:08 PM

I'm sorry to say it won't last, I was a single mum and when I met my dp he was really good and helpful as we meet on Internet he traveled 2 hours to see me and kids, we where together for nearly a year when my daughter died, and he did everything, I didn't do nothing, after a year after my daughter passed, I decide I wanted to live with him so me and my other 2 kids and the cat moved over 2 hours away, 3 years now of living with him and he don't do crap, it's got worse since we had are baby 6 months ago, on his days off if I say your cooking he buys take away, I know he can cook as he did when my daughter passed, he won't feed the baby, says its my job, doesn't get up with her, he works evening comes home late some nights but still has more sleep than me and thinks that's its ok as he goes to work and i don't,can't wait to be childminding when I'm earning money he can't treat me like crap...

smurfette
23-05-2013, 08:10 PM

Aw you might be a lucky one, my dh was and still is great., his mum had him well trained when I got him!

The Juggler
23-05-2013, 08:40 PM
Peeks head over the wall ................... peers around at the assembled throng ............................... hides!

lol Bob, we are sure you are the perfect OH :D

helenpotter
23-05-2013, 08:48 PM
Single ..... The best way!!! No smelly socks in the bathroom, no wet towel on the bed, I am in control of the remote!!! My house , my business , my rules!

Chimps Childminding
23-05-2013, 09:41 PM
4 sons, 1 husband but guess who has just put the bins out :angry::angry: why is it no one in our house except me knows that the bins always go out on a Thursday evening as the bin men are round before 7 on a Friday morning!!!!!!!!!

lor
23-05-2013, 09:46 PM
when do you say I've had enough dont think I love you in the way I should and only together because of the kids!
xx

FussyElmo
24-05-2013, 07:20 AM
4 sons, 1 husband but guess who has just put the bins out :angry::angry: why is it no one in our house except me knows that the bins always go out on a Thursday evening as the bin men are round before 7 on a Friday morning!!!!!!!!!

I asked dh last week to put the bin. Got up and it was hammering down and no bin. So I went up woke him uo and asked why he hadnt put it out. His answer it was raining. Suffice to say it wasnt me who put it out and he remembered this week lol lol

munch149
24-05-2013, 09:56 AM
Bins and cutting grass are my ohs definite chores that I never do and he doesn't get out of lol

Ripeberry
24-05-2013, 10:15 AM
Maybe you are too efficient. My hubby stands around watching me work. But he will do things for me. He won' do it off his own back. He needs to be prompted. At weekends I go on strike ;-)

lubeam
24-05-2013, 10:27 AM
Mmm if I let my dh not do anything then he wouldn't that's why hes doesn't get the chance.

If hes not getting the hints then I don't do anything for a couple of days. Mess drives him crazy much more than it does me. Cue one sparkling kitchen this morning. Also he tidies up so much better than I do :)

Lol this is my house too :))) I can sit and look at all the toys pots dog hair etc , doesn't bother me at all , dh gets face on massive clean then wont let kids get any toys out lol :))) needless to say bin is his responsibility , if he doesn't put it out I don't so he has to go to tip ;) lol mean I no but it's like a say to him yes I could have put the bin out , just like you could have washed dried n ironed 5 ppls clothes cooked 5 ppls meals cleaned up after 5 ppl made 5 beds, I soon get an ok it's my fault sorry :)
Men are just massive kids if you let them get away with it they will :)

charlottenash
24-05-2013, 10:40 AM
My partner cooks, I do the rest.

Sometimes I cook if I feel like it but that's it.

He comes home with a bottle of wine on a Friday night, knowing I've had a hard week.

Sounds perfect? He still doesn't scrub the toilet after use, leaves hairs all over the shower (he's HAIRY too), chucks clean towels on the bathroom floor, leaves dirty plates upside down and inside out.

He is however very supportive of my childminding and is in the process of building an extension for a playroom.

Maybe after a few years of childminding it will be a different story! I feel for you all because it must be a nearly impossible to run a business like this without support from people in the house!

aella851
24-05-2013, 11:46 AM
I'm sorry to say it won't last, I was a single mum and when I met my dp he was really good and helpful as we meet on Internet he traveled 2 hours to see me and kids, we where together for nearly a year when my daughter died, and he did everything, I didn't do nothing, after a year after my daughter passed, I decide I wanted to live with him so me and my other 2 kids and the cat moved over 2 hours away, 3 years now of living with him and he don't do crap, it's got worse since we had are baby 6 months ago, on his days off if I say your cooking he buys take away, I know he can cook as he did when my daughter passed, he won't feed the baby, says its my job, doesn't get up with her, he works evening comes home late some nights but still has more sleep than me and thinks that's its ok as he goes to work and i don't,can't wait to be childminding when I'm earning money he can't treat me like crap...

Gosh, I'm hoping that wont happen. I've had two failed long term relationships. My oh appears so different and i think he would pull his weight if we came to a point and he did live with me. As we have similar values.

Bear23
24-05-2013, 12:52 PM
Been thinking about this thread alot, probably cos i have hoofed my partner back to his mums :thumbsup:, hes still not getting it so he can stay there till he does.

Anyway i was thinking, ... many moons ago us woman just looked after the home and the children... then we suddenly decided we wanted to work too ( WHY DID WE DO THAT) so now we work full time probably more, have the babies, cook the food, clean the house. while the men just work and then winge! whos idea was that???

Last weekend, after working a full week, mostly 12 hour days with 3 sometimes 4 children. I strimmed the garden, and done three skip runs, sorted house. etc, etc. while he rested after a hard week at work :angry::angry: ( did i mention i'm also 33 weeks pregnant, and just been told i have anemia and high blood pressure IS IT ANY WONDER)

I found a spare hour to also pack his bags on monday :thumbsup::thumbsup:

to those that have put up with it for years deserve a medal!!

The Juggler
24-05-2013, 12:56 PM
Been thinking about this thread alot, probably cos i have hoofed my partner back to his mums :thumbsup:, hes still not getting it so he can stay there till he does.

Anyway i was thinking, ... many moons ago us woman just looked after the home and the children... then we suddenly decided we wanted to work too ( WHY DID WE DO THAT) so now we work full time probably more, have the babies, cook the food, clean the house. while the men just work and then winge! whos idea was that???

Last weekend, after working a full week, mostly 12 hour days with 3 sometimes 4 children. I strimmed the garden, and done three skip runs, sorted house. etc, etc. while he rested after a hard week at work :angry::angry: ( did i mention i'm also 33 weeks pregnant, and just been told i have anemia and high blood pressure IS IT ANY WONDER)

I found a spare hour to also pack his bags on monday :thumbsup::thumbsup:

to those that have put up with it for years deserve a medal!!

sorry to hear that hon but hopefully it'll give him the kcik up the backside he needs to fulfil his responsibilities :). I hope things work out especially with baby on the way xx

Bear23
24-05-2013, 12:58 PM
sorry to hear that hon but hopefully it'll give him the kcik up the backside he needs to fulfil his responsibilities :). I hope things work out especially with baby on the way xx

I'm not sorry, i'm fine. But thank you xxx
One less person to clean up after so less work for me x

jellybellys
24-05-2013, 01:06 PM
Mine got like this. So I stopped doing stuff for him. Stopped consulting him on things and basically treated him like a lodger. He didnt like it and we had a few rough weeks but I said u want to be part of this family then behave like it and treat us like family not an inconvenience. Pull ur weight like the rest of us or do one as I'm ur wife not ur maid and WE chose to have kids I didn't do it all by myself and we BOTH have full time jobs.
He is still here, does more and has become more family orientated. We talked about what he didnt like about my job and I've now changed as much as I can to keep my work and home separate after hours. He knows if he gets like it again he will get my boot up his ass!

watgem
24-05-2013, 01:18 PM
Elmo we need to sort the swopshop out lol

jillplum
24-05-2013, 02:55 PM
I have decided that if I ever get married again I dont want a husband I want a WIFE. They are much more useful and work much harder. The only thing missing would be a sex life but I can have an affair for that :D :laughing::laughing::laughing:

maisiemog
24-05-2013, 03:58 PM
I have decided that if I ever get married again I dont want a husband I want a WIFE. They are much more useful and work much harder. The only thing missing would be a sex life but I can have an affair for that :D :laughing::laughing::laughing:

My 4yo DD said this to me a few weeks ago! She's marrying a girl when she grows up because daddy's are lazy and mummy's aren't! Said at the top of her voice in a church run toddler group! Oh the looks we got!!!

phoenix2010
24-05-2013, 06:14 PM
Smug single here too :D 4 years just me and my son , and absolutely loving it :thumbsup:

angeldelight
24-05-2013, 06:47 PM
Ha ha think I might become single too

My hubby was in a right grump today

Glad he is at work now

Heaven ha ha

Angel xx

oxfordshirecm
24-05-2013, 07:31 PM
I'm lucky- even tho my dh is too tired at the end of a weeks work to help with the house work- he has finally agreed to allow me to get a cleaner - woohoo :)

Cinnamon Sugar
25-05-2013, 10:19 AM
I'm lucky- even tho my dh is too tired at the end of a weeks work to help with the house work- he has finally agreed to allow me to get a cleaner - woohoo :)

Brilliant! I want one too, unlikely to get that past dh though. Can always dream. I would be the type that cleans before the cleaner though :-)

gef918
30-06-2013, 08:36 AM
On Friday, my dh took a day off work. Spent all morning in bed. Got up and watched tv. Picked the kids up from school and took them shopping. I was up at 7 getting my kids ready for school, started work at 8, finished at 5. Tidied the downstairs, cleaned the kitchen and then DH gets home, leaves all the shopping for me to put away. Finally I sit down and DH starts cooking tea, only to start nagging me to make the pudding. I delegate this task to my capable children (whipping cream and chopping strawberries, an educational experience for them). DH is miffed because I'm sitting down and not doing anything!

Grrrrrr. Would definitely trade him for a cleaner! Although I do appreciate his cooking!

Mrsh3103
30-06-2013, 09:14 AM
I went on strike when DH turned into a lazy ******* :) now I hand out husband points :) 10 points for cutting the grass, 5 points for cooking tea. When he gets to 100 he can go & hang out with his mates! It's the same as my ds's reward chart. If he wants to behave like one of the kids then that's how I'll treat him!

Bear23
30-06-2013, 04:42 PM
I went on strike when DH turned into a lazy ******* :) now I hand out husband points :) 10 points for cutting the grass, 5 points for cooking tea. When he gets to 100 he can go & hang out with his mates! It's the same as my ds's reward chart. If he wants to behave like one of the kids then that's how I'll treat him!

What a fab idea!!!

wendy latimer
30-06-2013, 07:04 PM
Well i think we all have the same breed don't we, now don't get me started. oh ok then,well my other half is just the same as the rest, i am the one to get up first kettle on, cats fed, then upstairs to get everybody up,after the sixth attempt of shouting one of them will arise. he will have a cup of tea (made by yours truly) and then go to work.I work from 7.30 til 6.00 monday to friday.my two boys are out doing something every night ,i have one night off a week oh i am so lucky.don't get me wrong if my boys are in the gym i will have a swim which i enjoy.I am the one who ferrys them everywhere.I only have the weekends to do my cleaning and food shopping,while the other half sits on the sofa watching telly all the time he's at home no help at all.He thinks childminding is easy all i do is play with them,so cannot understand why i cannot do cleaning in the day.But on the other hand if he did help me around the house,then i would have more time to talk to him,oh dear i think i will carry on as i am.hahaha..

oxfordshirecm
30-06-2013, 08:52 PM

Hehe this mad me chuckle :)

serin
30-06-2013, 09:53 PM
you have just described my life! Are you sure you are not married to my husband???

Mrs Scrubbit
30-06-2013, 10:13 PM
I'm so lucky as my hubby will do almost anything if it needs doing. The only things that tend to be' mine' are the hoovering and washing/ironing which is fair as he does most of the gardening ( and its a big garden).He also tends to do most of the cooking and on my days off I always get breakfast in bed. No swapping for me! xx

jackie 7
30-06-2013, 10:29 PM
As I got older and never met a nice man I never married. I missed it for a while. No man or children to come home to then found put I could never have had children I gave up missing a life I hadn't had. I was a live in nanny so was always on call. Now sometimes I would like to share my life with. Then I realise I would have to share my bed, my free time and my independence!!! I read these threads and think I have a great life.

lorraine04
01-07-2013, 10:08 AM
Makes me laugh this post, they are all the same. Mine has two jobs, one of which is a carpet fitter in the eve, He leaves rolls of underlay and gripper laying about and goes off on his day job, i have to get up an hour earlier to make sure the house is safe!!. He occasionally goes to bed later than me so leaves whatever he has eaten or drunk on the living room floor or all over the kitchen. All i get is "do you know how many hours a week i work??" lol. I in his mind don't do anything but look after children so therefor i have lots of time to do anything i want. I also love my man dearly but the only way i get my point across is to tell him straight and couldn't care less if he thinks i am nagging! Clean up after yourself! If you come home early and can't do with the noise-get yourself to bed!. You want the income but not the mess/hassle so get a grip! :)

kellyskidz!
01-07-2013, 11:50 AM
Does anyone feel bad for these men?
No, me neither lol!
I'm sure my other half thinks I just sit and play jigsaws all day, with the occasional nappy change. He actually said to me last week, why didn't you mop the floor, you've been at home all day?
Mop the floor?! Are you forgetting about the 4 kids I had running around from 7am til 6pm. I nearly threw a cup i was holding at him, til I realised it was my favourite one and I'd miss it :)
I'd love to swap jobs with him for a week, he'd be in tears after a few hours xx

Bob
01-07-2013, 12:08 PM
you're all being terribly unfair to us men .............

I'll get me coat! :)

lollipop kid
01-07-2013, 12:57 PM
Hi, I just had to post a reply hug for you.

My old mum used to always tell me to put off matrimony as long as I could, as she said it was "just a licence to look after some woman's lazy son... and if I didn't believe her, just to look at my four older brothers".

When my OH is being useless, I shove him out the door with an instruction not to come back unless it's to bring me flowers and chocolates, as they're cheaper than a divorce!

If that fails, do the holiday thing, as one of the above poster said. I love that idea!!!

Big hugs,

L

aella851
02-07-2013, 06:55 AM
I'm so lucky as my hubby will do almost anything if it needs doing. The only things that tend to be' mine' are the hoovering and washing/ironing which is fair as he does most of the gardening ( and its a big garden).He also tends to do most of the cooking and on my days off I always get breakfast in bed. No swapping for me! xx

Lucky you:-)

I'm in a relatively new relationship but my garden is starting to look fab, at weekends he cooks breakfast and cooks me the odd meal in the week. Does dishwasher so I can't complain.

ziggy
02-07-2013, 09:14 AM
I met a new man 2months ago after being alone for 6 yrs. It's nice to have someone part time lol. Not sure i could cope with man here while i'm working as I have good routine with children then enjoy lots of 'ME TIME' in evenings and at weekends:clapping::clapping: