PDA

View Full Version : training ideas?

julie w
22-05-2013, 09:36 PM
My DO has told me there will be money for childminders for training in September :clapping: and has asked for ideas of any training we would like. Apart from the compulsory first aid, safeguarding etc what would every one choose as a training course they'd like to do? (I'm not sure what areas of the country this covers, but I'm interested in what everyone would like to do) Thank you.

JulieA
22-05-2013, 09:41 PM
Communication friendly spaces by Elizabeth jarman is a lovely training course. She has a website if you google her.

Mrs Scrubbit
22-05-2013, 09:43 PM
How to please ALL ofsted inspectors x

FussyElmo
23-05-2013, 08:23 AM
My DO has told me there will be money for childminders for training in September :clapping: and has asked for ideas of any training we would like. Apart from the compulsory first aid, safeguarding etc what would every one choose as a training course they'd like to do? (I'm not sure what areas of the country this covers, but I'm interested in what everyone would like to do) Thank you.

Why they never listen to you. It will be the same old courses and the same training providers they always have.

Opp that's sounds very negative and cynical :laughing::laughing:

sarah707
23-05-2013, 04:59 PM
I agree with the Elizabeth Jarman training - I went a few weeks ago and I am still making changes and being inspired!

Outside play is one I always try to attend... anything on disability / inclusion is usually interesting as well.

Lucky you! We've been told the pot is very empty :rolleyes:

Enjoy! :D

rosebud
23-05-2013, 05:16 PM
I would suggest they join up with virtual college. I have done a course on Safe sleeping for babies today but they offer lots of different courses so I choose which ones are most relevant to me and my CPD. I foster (as well as childmind) for my local authority and am able to access as many of the courses as I want its great and I get to do them for free! I can do them in my own time and fit them around work and my own life.

My other suggestion would be a course on attachment theory - I did one last year and it was brilliant, one of the best courses I've ever done, it explains so many of the issues that many children have.