PDA

View Full Version : Activity idea?

Kellyann36
22-05-2013, 08:10 PM
I have a little boy who loves loves loves wheels. Turns toys over to sit there and spin the wheels around. Can anybody give me any activity ideas to use as next steps/extend this?

My mind has gone blank! He is 15 months. Only thing I can think of is like using a water wheel?

Helen79
22-05-2013, 08:43 PM
you can use those bath/water toys with the water wheel with water, sand, rice, lentils etc to pour through to watch it go round and listen to the different sounds.
Running the cars through paint is fun to make pictures.
I can't remember what they're called but the cog toys where you stick cogs to a base board to spin round with handles.

Kellyann36
22-05-2013, 08:56 PM
you can use those bath/water toys with the water wheel with water, sand, rice, lentils etc to pour through to watch it go round and listen to the different sounds.
Running the cars through paint is fun to make pictures.
I can't remember what they're called but the cog toys where you stick cogs to a base board to spin round with handles.

Ahhh the cogs thingy! I'm buying my son one of those for his birthday lol might have tomorrow it for the playroom! Thank you for your ideas, normally pretty good with next steps but having a blonde moment and couldn't think of anything other than water wheel!