PDA

View Full Version : CM with assistants and co-CM I salute you!

funemnx
22-05-2013, 06:01 PM
Today my assistant and I had 6 children under 5 for the first time - I have to say well done to any CM who works with someone else with this many small children! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

We managed fine and the children had a good time but to be honest we were both banjaxed by the end of the day! This was a one off for us as we had 2 extra children for a parent for the day but never again!:panic:

WINE!!!! :D

lozzy23
22-05-2013, 06:12 PM
I used to work as a co-minder with my friend at her house and we had 6 LO's each day, it was great fun but exhausting.

We still meet up most days me with my 4 LO's and her with 3 LO's. In July I will go down to 3 LO's for 2 days and 2 LO's for 3 days, after 5 years of being so busy I am looking forward to the rest:thumbsup:

kel1983
22-05-2013, 06:19 PM
We do it regularly. Its tiring but the days fly by.

Koala
22-05-2013, 06:22 PM
We do it regularly. Its tiring but the days fly by.

me too organisation, planning, planning and planning helps. :thumbsup:

oxfordshirecm
22-05-2013, 06:32 PM
I have 6 daily too as we'll as 4 after schoolies- was tiring for the first few months but now I'm so used to it. Parents always comment how they can't believe I have do many children in my playroom as there is hardly a sound as they are all busy playing nicely together :)

funemnx
22-05-2013, 06:35 PM
Maybe it was the ages for us - we had 6m,9m,12m,13m,2ys,4yrs

Nappies, bottles, food, nappies, cuddles, sleeps, snacks, nappies, bottles, sleeps..... YIPES!! But I have to say, it was lovely :D

toddlers896
22-05-2013, 07:09 PM
Today my assistant and I had 6 children under 5 for the first time - I have to say well done to any CM who works with someone else with this many small children! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

We managed fine and the children had a good time but to be honest we were both banjaxed by the end of the day! This was a one off for us as we had 2 extra children for a parent for the day but never again!:panic:

You deserve that wine B.Ime never complaining again about having two or three, you are just fab at what you do.x

funemnx
22-05-2013, 07:45 PM
You deserve that wine B.Ime never complaining again about having two or three, you are just fab at what you do.x

:blush: Shucks thanks hun, especially since you witnessed - I'm surprised you weren't put off for life! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

bindy
22-05-2013, 09:39 PM
We have 6 plus schoolies every day! You do get used to it, the children love being together, play well, not many fall outs and days rush by! Very tired at the end of the day. Make hot lunches fish pie, beef stew etc the evening before! We still go out on day trips, nothing keeps us indoors! Sometimes I sit and think, have I left anyone

Ncarr1981
22-05-2013, 10:15 PM
My husband and I work together as registered childminders we have 6 all under 2 1/2 and then 3/5 after schools on top (these figures include our 3 children 1 under 5 and 2 over 8! We love it and our days go so fast most days we have an hour to 2 break if the kids decide they will all nap at the same time! Parents can't believe how quiet and relax our setting is but the kids just love it here and tend to preform when they have to leave!! I must admit I do have a cheeky glass of wine most nights though

winstonian
23-05-2013, 06:33 AM
Due to parents changing hours we have 7 little ones four mornings a week and 6 four afternoons then sometimes up to 12 after school. I love it although am hoping for a bit more quiet time come Sept.

Chimps Childminding
23-05-2013, 06:59 AM
Due to parents changing hours we have 7 little ones four mornings a week and 6 four afternoons then sometimes up to 12 after school. I love it although am hoping for a bit more quiet time come Sept.

Wow! I must be getting old!!! Three lo's and 1 schoolie is enough for me these days :blush: My co-minder lives next door and we get together most days! Today we will have 6 under 5 and 1 schoolie between us - hoping the weather brightens up :eek:

mr man
23-05-2013, 10:20 PM
I have 3/4 mon - thurs and pick up Schoolies 7 of. Then Fridays dh works with me and we have 5 under 5. We love it, we are very lucky all the children are great, get on well.

mrstom
24-05-2013, 06:07 AM

No real comment to make apart from I love the term 'banjaxed'!! Superb. Describes how I feel on a Tuesday (3 under 5 and 1x schoolie then straight out to college for my Level 3)

busybee_mummy
24-05-2013, 09:33 AM
I love being busy, makes the day go quicker, and the children love to have extra friends to play with, we work on an activity rota in 3 different rooms and they love swapping round!

Today we are quiet so I've volunteered to do some paper work in the spare room, best get on, days dragging all ready!

chezzagriff
24-05-2013, 11:10 AM
Me and my friend will be working together from September and I only hope we are that busy. I think its so much more fun. When I worked in the nursery it was 8 between 2 of us almost everyday and I loved it. Like a few have said too the day goes so fast.:thumbsup:

oxfordshirecm
24-05-2013, 08:02 PM
Def need to make sure the wine cellar is well stocked come Friday :) hehe

Rick
25-05-2013, 06:40 AM

Banjaxed is going in my regular vocabulary.....I'd never heard thar word before! :laughing:

Cinnamon Sugar
25-05-2013, 10:04 AM
Def need to make sure the wine cellar is well stocked come Friday :) hehe

I had my busiest day for a while yesterday, had 4 under 3 and 2 after school. Worked from 7.45 til 6. Had the wine in the freezer to 'chill' but forgot, cue wine lollipop and an emergency trip to shop after work!
I know other cm's do this all the time and I'm sure I will get used to my busy days. Looking forward to the bank holiday weekend to recharge!