PDA

View Full Version : Wet paint!

22-05-2013, 04:09 PM
Mindee has done some lovely painting today and was so proud of what he had made. Parent has turned up to collect and mindee has given him his pictures. Dad turns to me and hands pictures back and says that he won't take them as the paint is still wet! I explained that even though we did pics this morning they just haven't dried yet. Dad said that they can stay here until they have!!!

chriss
22-05-2013, 04:16 PM
Bet Lo was excited about taking them home too. Shame isn't it :(

22-05-2013, 04:25 PM
The reality is that once all mindees left I will be tidying everything away and preparing dinner for my own family so there will b nowhere for the wet pictures to dry anyway!

MaryMary
22-05-2013, 05:18 PM
To be honest, I leave LO's wet artwork at the playgroup to be picked up the following day (either by me or mum, depending on who is picking up) :o
There have been occasions when dripping paint, dollops of glue & all sorts (rice/pasta/glitter etc) ends up over my car seats and I won't do it anymore! It also annoys me that the playgroup just fold up the art work & stuff it in a box (possibly with cardigans, toys from home, etc!!) to be collected, and it is all stuck together anyway!! I always find a place to dry artwork before I hand it over to parents as I know how annoying it can be. I explain to LO's that it needs to dry first & they often show it to their parents anyway. I don't want all the artwork hanging around the house all the time, but if they have taken time to do it, it is a shame to ruin it transporting it wet :(

Mouse
22-05-2013, 05:33 PM
I always find a place to dry artwork before I hand it over to parents as I know how annoying it can be. I explain to LO's that it needs to dry first & they often show it to their parents anyway. I don't want all the artwork hanging around the house all the time, but if they have taken time to do it, it is a shame to ruin it transporting it wet :(

Same here. The number of times I've had mindees crying because they want to take their art work home & I tell them to leave it as it's not dry! If we've got time I take a photo of it, so they can take that home & wait until the next day for their picture, or whatever. Luckily I have space to leave them to dry, so they don't get in the way here.