PDA

View Full Version : How do I bridge the gap between no mindee's and lots of mindees

Katie1980
22-05-2013, 03:18 PM
I am now official certificate here all copied for my portfolio and spare copies to send off if needed, I need to now sign off JSA, How do you bridge the gap? I am slightly :panic: at the fact of no money coming in for a few weeks. I am not eligible for tax credits as I am with my partner and he earns too much in the governments eyes.

Any suggestions have been saving to have a back up and will squirrel away some of my flexible support fund to tide me over. I have one Mindee starting he is only 1 day increasing til 5

Confused of Gloucestershire

The Juggler
22-05-2013, 04:41 PM
do you have your level 3 hon? maybe offer to do some creche work at a local children's centre? or sign up with a childcare agency and do some temping in a nursery? Not ideal I know if you have your own little one. Sorry don't know what else to suggest?

Maybe some babysitting?

Katie1980
22-05-2013, 05:48 PM
I have my level 3 have offered my services as a nanny, but our local nanny agency are a bit funny about CRB's but my argument is and is still Ofsted have not seen it as a barrier or they would not have approved my registration. I think it will pick up soon I just need to be more savvy about selling myself.