PDA

View Full Version : Bad day

munch149
22-05-2013, 12:19 PM
Just a moan. Feeling not myself today and having the day from hell on top. Been feeling rough last couple of day but dunno why (going docs tomorrow) but as I don't really feel too bad today I gave parents the option to come or not. Well they all came today and on top they are all miserable. I have a 13 month old myself and she's so happy normally but even she's being set off by my other two crying mindees 14 months and ten months. They are both so clingy and I can't move without them crying. Any advice on helping them be less clingy.

Nicola Carlyle
22-05-2013, 12:35 PM
Aw bless you. It's never great when they are all crying together so what I tend to do is just drop everything, chose a comfy place to sit (normally on the floor), the children all tend to come for a hug and we just sit there for a while doing nothing other than having a hug. Once they have calmed down a bit we may sing some gentle songs, read some stories or play some kind of game like where's your nose etc?, Round and round the garden, this little piggy and then they generally move on to something else on their own. Sometimes a hug just works. X

munch149
22-05-2013, 12:38 PM
These two don't stop that's the problem. One just wants to sit on my lap all day but for obvious reasons I can't do that. We will be sat at the table eating tea all happy i will move to pick up something and they will cry. I either have to have them on Lap or sit perfectly still not really practical to do so