PDA

View Full Version : Help! Cornflour!

sunview_cm
22-05-2013, 07:30 AM
I've tried to mix up a tub of cornflour this morning but added to much water and its not thick enough. I have no more corn flour and have no car to go and get some. Is there anything I could thicken it with? Would it thicken if I added normal flour?.
Thanks
X

jackie 7
22-05-2013, 07:38 AM
Just looked it up on web and for cooking you can add flour. I would add a bit of flour and seeing if it works.

Rick
22-05-2013, 07:39 AM
I've tried to mix up a tub of cornflour this morning but added to much water and its not thick enough. I have no more corn flour and have no car to go and get some. Is there anything I could thicken it with? Would it thicken if I added normal flour?.
Thanks
X

If you have nothing else I would say use normal flour. May not be quite the same but if it's just for messy play it should be ok :)

sunview_cm
22-05-2013, 07:49 AM
Ok think I've got it sorted! Now when we've finished with it how do you dispose of it? X

jo.jo76
22-05-2013, 07:54 AM
Ok think I've got it sorted! Now when we've finished with it how do you dispose of it? X

I usually leave mine to dry out then crumble it into the bin, as I blocked a sink at school once trying to wash it away!

watgem
22-05-2013, 11:41 AM
you can also use custard powder:)

Boris
22-05-2013, 12:56 PM
If you leave it for a bit the water will rise to the top and you'll be able to pour some off. I leave mine to dry out when we've finished, crumble it into a bag and re-use if it's not too manky!!