PDA

View Full Version : Risk assessments

devoncm
05-07-2008, 01:50 PM
Im just getting some risk assessments done, with the help of bromley site and have come across a few that made me wonder if you have to risk assess every time you go to school/nursery?

Twinkles
05-07-2008, 02:03 PM
I'm going to have a few specific ones , for special outing etc. A general one for going in the car , on regular walks ie school runs. And one for the home to be ticked each day.
I think it would be too time consuming to do one each day for the things we always do.

sarah707
05-07-2008, 03:53 PM
http://www.standards.dfes.gov.uk/eyfs/site/requirements/welfare/safeguarding/index.htm

This is the new wording -

For each type of outing, providers must carry out a full risk assessment, which includes an assessment of required adult:child ratios. This assessment must take account of the nature of the outing, and consider whether it is appropriate to exceed the normal ratio requirements (as set out in the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage), in accordance with providers' procedures for supervision of children on outings. The assessment must be reviewed before embarking on each specific outing.

Maybe Bromley haven't updated their assessments yet??

Hope this helps :D