PDA

View Full Version : Becoming a Childminder HELP! :D

Helen_T
21-05-2013, 04:59 PM
I have just joined this site & have been reading about pre-reg sessions, i have sent an email to my local authority to see when the next one is in my area...
My little boy (16months) currently goes to a childminder , i also did experience with her whilst at college doing my childcare L3 a few years ago. However when i left college i wasn't sure what i wanted to do and got into adult/learning disability care... After having my own child and returning to work ive been struggling with the fact im sending him to be cared for by someone for me to then care for someone else. I would love to get back into my first choice of career & wondered if anyone could give me some advice and/or tell me if im applying in the right place!
Many thanks in advance!
Helen x

shortstuff
21-05-2013, 05:26 PM
Local authority or la as you will see it on here is always the first place to start. Good luck with it all and remember we are here too x

Rick
21-05-2013, 05:29 PM
Hi yes you have done the right thing. The LA briefing session is the first step then you start the course all being well.

Have a look at his which explains the registration process

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/starting-childminding-pre-registration-visits/117176-registering-childminder.html. :thumbsup: