PDA

View Full Version : CYPOP 5 support group lol

Petshrinklj
21-05-2013, 02:14 PM
Hi
I know there's a few of us doing cypop5 at the moment as I have posted on a few threads. Thought it might be good to have thread for us all rather than me posting on a few threads at a time.
So how are you getting on?

I've just typed my first draft for task1. Not sure I have written enough its just over 1 side of A4. I didn't want to go on too much as I think the aim was to write an outline for parents. I can't imagine them wanting to read loads on legislation and ofsted but maybe I've been a bit too brief. What do you think?

Also once I submit my assignment is that final? Or if its not good enough do I get a second chance? I'm wondering if I should submit my brief answers to see if it'll do and hope if I need to elaborate I'll get to resubmit. Does anyone know?

Good luck to all my fellow cypop5ers

Tiny Trees
21-05-2013, 05:53 PM
Hello!

I start on the 3rd June... So I will be back :)

beckyd
21-05-2013, 07:29 PM
I started 3 weeks ago, I could do with a little extra support so this thread could be good for me ;)

Petshrinklj
21-05-2013, 08:25 PM
Hello!

Great. Good luck :)

Petshrinklj
21-05-2013, 08:29 PM
I started 3 weeks ago, I could do with a little extra support so this thread could be good for me ;)

Hi, :waving: are you doing online course or a group one? im doing pacey online .
How are you finding it so far. Have you started or submitted any of the assignments?

TraFerd
21-05-2013, 09:22 PM
Hi all! I completed my CYPOP5 with PACEY a few weeks ago. Once you submit task for marking you do get a chance to amend it if your tutor marks it as "in progress". You just upload an additional file in the same place, instructions are in the FAQ bit.

Good luck with it all!

Emra81
21-05-2013, 09:28 PM
I'm doing the pacey online version and submitted task 1 yesterday!

I had the same theory as you petshrinklj...just over a side of a4 and didn't go overly into detail. I've read elsewhere that less is more so hopefully my assessor will agree. If not I think we get to make as many amendments as necessary to get it up to scratch.

I was actually just logged in and spotted the 'task guidance' doc on the right hand side which looks really helpful. Seems to have a bit more info as to what's expected for each task....which I'm very appreciative of as the tasks themselves don't tend to give you many clues!

Petshrinklj
22-05-2013, 07:15 AM
Hi all! I completed my CYPOP5 with PACEY a few weeks ago. Once you submit task for marking you do get a chance to amend it if your tutor marks it as "in progress". You just upload an additional file in the same place, instructions are in the FAQ bit.

Good luck with it all!

Thank you I will submit and see what happens. Thanks :)

Petshrinklj
22-05-2013, 07:20 AM
I'm doing the pacey online version and submitted task 1 yesterday!

I had the same theory as you petshrinklj...just over a side of a4 and didn't go overly into detail. I've read elsewhere that less is more so hopefully my assessor will agree. If not I think we get to make as many amendments as necessary to get it up to scratch.

I was actually just logged in and spotted the 'task guidance' doc on the right hand side which looks really helpful. Seems to have a bit more info as to what's expected for each task....which I'm very appreciative of as the tasks themselves don't tend to give you many clues!

I found that too. I was surprised as to how little info is given. I have printed the task guidance off too as your right that does look helpful. What I found odd was how the next bit of course said task 2 is next but don't worry about it ignore it for now. I'm going to do task 2 next regardless especially now I know I can amend something if its not good enough.

Tiny Trees
22-05-2013, 01:14 PM
I am glad that I am not starting for just over a week- I am also studying for an OU degree and am at the end of my Early Years Practice certificate and have 3000 words due in next week ;)

Looking forward to getting started though!

Emra81
23-05-2013, 08:53 PM
Just seen my feedback for task one... 'An excellent submission'....less definitely IS more! Just call me the bullet point queen! :-)

Petshrinklj
23-05-2013, 09:24 PM
Awesome well done. I don't think mine has been marked yet. Did you get an email notification to tell you it had been marked?

Petshrinklj
23-05-2013, 09:40 PM
Just checked and it has been marked. I got competent. I assume that means its a pass. Roll on task 2 :)

Emra81
23-05-2013, 10:07 PM
Yey, well done! Yeah mine says competent too, then 100% then the comment....it's not all that clearly recorded I don't think coz most of the other tasks already say competent too on my grade profile thingy. Very confusing!

I feel like I've jumped over a massive hurdle now I've got a better idea of the type of response they're looking for :-)

Look out task 2, we're on our way!

gemmahale
24-05-2013, 09:23 PM
Hi everyone!

Really stuck on where to find who/where I go to keep up to date with risk assessment and health and safety? Can anyone name me some websites?

Thanks!!:-)

FiLou06
25-05-2013, 04:27 AM
Hi can I do my cypop5 online? I want to get it done ASAP so I'm registered by sept. x

beckyd
25-05-2013, 06:56 AM
I'm doing my course face to face, we have been told we can't submit our work till the we've finished the whole course, I just hope what I'm doing is right.

gemmahale
25-05-2013, 06:43 PM
Hi can I do my cypop5 online? I want to get it done ASAP so I'm registered by sept. x

Yes you can! I'm doing mine online good luck!!

FiLou06
25-05-2013, 08:40 PM
Ok good :-) do u need to talk to your LA first or can you just go ahead with the online application for the course? I'm at uni at the min and my exams finish at the start of June so was hoping to start it after then?

Petshrinklj
25-05-2013, 09:35 PM
Ok good :-) do u need to talk to your LA first or can you just go ahead with the online application for the course? I'm at uni at the min and my exams finish at the start of June so was hoping to start it after then?

Yes talk to your LA first and check they are ok with it. I'm doing the PACEY course and they won't book you on it unless your have spoken to LA and they say its ok. Goodluck

Petshrinklj
30-05-2013, 04:00 PM
Hi everyone how you getting on? I'm still yet to start task2 . I was on such a high after finishing task1 and full of motivation but I just haven't had enough time to crack on with it. My daughter isnt having her handy naps at the moment i think because my son is off school and hes just too noisy and intereesting for her to nap. But My husband is taking the kids to his mums on Saturday so hoping I will get it started and finished then. Which is wonderful as I get to escape an inlaw visit. What a bonus. :)
Hope you all are doing better than me :)

Sarah_Turner
30-05-2013, 11:25 PM
Hello!

I start the 4th june...gud luck r you doing it in group or online.

rachelmama
31-05-2013, 06:09 AM
hiya
my fella is doing the cypop 5 aswell It is a lot of work I can see this I did the ICP going to a class everyweek for mine but my fells works shifts so would prefere to do it this way but its motavation thats against him at the mo

Amandak28
31-05-2013, 11:19 AM
Hiya, im am also doing the CYPOP5 and am doing my business plan at the minute! My brain hurts lol

Im doing my course over 13 weeks at a local CALAT centre one day a week. Im in croydon and have a 4 year old and boy is it hard juggling the two and working!
But its totally worth it!

How are the rest of you getting along?

Glad i found this thread, will come in handy.

Amandak28 xx

Emra81
31-05-2013, 06:43 PM
Hi everyone how you getting on? I'm still yet to start task2 . I was on such a high after finishing task1 and full of motivation but I just haven't had enough time to crack on with it. My daughter isnt having her handy naps at the moment i think because my son is off school and hes just too noisy and intereesting for her to nap. But My husband is taking the kids to his mums on Saturday so hoping I will get it started and finished then. Which is wonderful as I get to escape an inlaw visit. What a bonus. :)
Hope you all are doing better than me :)

I'm exactly the same - struggling to get going on task 2! Although I've had a bit of a read around confidentiality etc ready for the 'discussion' for task 3 so might message my assessor with my contact details and get it over with! :eek:

Good luck everyone! Loving that we've got each other for support - so hard to know if you're doing it right!

Petshrinklj
01-06-2013, 01:12 PM
Best of luck with task3 . Let me know how it goes when you are assessed. I'm very nervous about that one.
So far today is not going well. Husband and kids have gone to inlaws so I could get some work done. So brewed myself cup of tea turned on laptop and ms word is being funny. It's refusing to open. Argh. My resident IT expert is hubby so he's out I'd ring him but I manged to lose my phone this morning. Argh!! Why does nothing go to plan. The one time im free. Hmmm I could write the assignment to type up later when hubby home. But urgh that seems too much hassle. I can feel my motivation slipping away.....

I know I'll turn lap top on and off. That's first thing IT people suggest isn't it. Fingerscrossed

Petshrinklj
01-06-2013, 01:15 PM
Hiya, im am also doing the CYPOP5 and am doing my business plan at the minute! My brain hurts lol

Im doing my course over 13 weeks at a local CALAT centre one day a week. Im in croydon and have a 4 year old and boy is it hard juggling the two and working!
But its totally worth it!

How are the rest of you getting along?

Glad i found this thread, will come in handy.

Amandak28 xx

Hiya
Is the business plan task 4? i think I will tackle that one after task2 . I'm not so keen on the oral exam of task3 so will put that off till I'm feeling braver. Hope it's going well. I wouldn't know where to start with a business plan. Hoping it will become clearer once I start that module. Good luck

Petshrinklj
01-06-2013, 01:20 PM
Well would you believe it turning it off and on again worked. Who needs IT support lol. Right now to get off this forum and do some work.

Amandak28
02-06-2013, 05:31 PM
Afternoon.
Yes task 4.
Its quite hard, ive really got to get back in the swing of things and have it ready for thursday.
So much info to digest and include. Not to mention the maths and money side of it.

Wish me luck.

And well done with the fixing of the laptop! :-)

Tiny Trees
02-06-2013, 09:12 PM
I start the 4th june...gud luck r you doing it in group or online.

Sort of neither- one to one with a tutor with independent workbook task between meetings. Seems to be how the la does it here :)

Amandak28
03-06-2013, 07:03 AM
Morning,
So lastnight all i manged to do was the front page and my introduction :-( not happy but atleast its something.
The hardest thing im finding is the fact its all 'made up' so to speak, like the figures for example they will be all pridictions and as im mot qualified, its all 'i will be doing this or going to do that'.

But atleast ive made a start i suppose.

Happy monday :-) xx

ange-a
04-06-2013, 10:01 AM
Hi ladies I'm doing cypop5 tho mnt and who I called then to see if I could get feed back and have my assess marked they said no it all had to be put in together
I feel I've spent a lot of time writing and writing with no one being being Able to give me any feed back
Is this the normal? As I feel a bit lost and would just like a bit of feed back if I am on the right tracks as you'd get this in a class room
Confused and a tad frustrated :-(
Thanks for any feedback x

Petshrinklj
04-06-2013, 10:15 AM
Hi ladies I'm doing cypop5 tho mnt and who I called then to see if I could get feed back and have my assess marked they said no it all had to be put in together
I feel I've spent a lot of time writing and writing with no one being being Able to give me any feed back
Is this the normal? As I feel a bit lost and would just like a bit of feed back if I am on the right tracks as you'd get this in a class room

Hi mine isn't like that. I have submitted task 1 and 2 separately and they were marked. I was asked to add a bit more to my safeguarding policy which I have done and resubmitted it. Who you didn't course with? Mine is PACEY.
Good luck with it.

Petshrinklj
04-06-2013, 10:18 AM
Morning,
So lastnight all i manged to do was the front page and my introduction :-( not happy but atleast its something.
The hardest thing im finding is the fact its all 'made up' so to speak, like the figures for example they will be all pridictions and as im mot qualified, its all 'i will be doing this or going to do that'.

But atleast ive made a start i suppose.

Happy monday :-) xx

Hi well done it sounds like your doing well. :clapping: I'm yet to look at that task. Ive just Started reading data protection act for task 3 but have got a bit bored of it.

Amandak28
04-06-2013, 05:16 PM

Hi i do mine in a local authority learning centre. So not sure how the online one works. But just keep on target and in sure you will be fine! :-) xx

Amandak28
04-06-2013, 05:19 PM
Hi well done it sounds like your doing well. :clapping: I'm yet to look at that task. Ive just Started reading data protection act for task 3 but have got a bit bored of it.

Thanks! I finished it last night gone midnight!
So worth it tho a weight has been lifted! No on to the changes i need to make from my last task i submitted :-) x

Amandak28
04-06-2013, 09:25 PM
Evening. Im absolutely shattered. But need to read chapters 5 and 7 from the textbook ready for class on thursday and the start of task 6.
However I've read 4 pages and its just not going in so came on here instead lol.

Night all cx

Petshrinklj
07-06-2013, 04:19 PM
Thanks! I finished it last night gone midnight!
So worth it tho a weight has been lifted! No on to the changes i need to make from my last task i submitted :-) x

Well done you. I had my task 2 returned so I've resubmitted that. That's all I've achieved in last few days. Hope my 2nd attempt is good enough. My aim is to get another task submitted over the weekend. On my course task 4 is one of last tasks it goes from task 3 to task 5. So I get to avoid that for a bit lol.

Amandak28
07-06-2013, 04:40 PM
Well done! If you have done whats been asked then im sure all will be fine :-)
Your so luck to have task 4 last.

Im on task 6 now. Think thats going to be an interesting one with lots of words and detail.

As well as making changes to my previous tasks will have to put a plan together i think... X

Petshrinklj
08-06-2013, 08:29 AM
I can't get to do task 3 (chat with assessor about data protection) until next Friday so I think I will move onto task 5 whilst I wait. I still haven't had feedback on my resubmitted task2. It's a shame when you feel like you've finished something and then it comes back as in progress. Oh well hoping its finished now and I don't have to add more. I was asked to write more about safeguarding regulations. But now sure I added enough. I kind of just added a few references. Oh well time will tell.

Petshrinklj
10-06-2013, 08:31 PM
Hi emra just wondering how task 3 went for you. Hope it went well.

Emra81
10-06-2013, 10:04 PM
Hiya! I'm so sorry I've not had chance to update yet...was a crazy weekend, a long day at work and hubby is on lates/nights this week so my household to do list is all down to me...eek!

Anyway, it was absolutely fine. I was on the phone for less than 7 minutes! She said to tell her what I know about confidentiality and data protection and then anything else she needed she would prompt me for. I basically read what I'd written (pausing every now and then so she could write notes) and at the end she said I'd covered everything so had passed! I'd literally written up my notes from the relevant chapter in the textbook and added a bit more in from a bit of reading I did about the data protection act and the eyfs and that was pretty much it.

You'll be absolutely fine hun honestly. She said she'd prompt me for anything else she needed from me so it's really nothing to worry about at all. Will be thinking of you on Friday x

BattyNora
11-06-2013, 12:38 PM
Ooh, can I join in please?

I am trying to do this but a week in and no tutor and I can't for the life of me find where I can access the tasks!

LondonScotsman
11-06-2013, 02:17 PM
Hi all,

I have started the course this week. I have started assessment task 1 and finding it a bit tricky to get into the swing of it. It was useful to see that one page or so is enough. I will have another go in the next day or two. My wife is doing the course as well and is much further on. I am not sure if this is good or bad!

Best wishes,
LS

Petshrinklj
12-06-2013, 09:37 PM
Hi you two
Battynora - hope you managed to find the tasks. It must be frutstrating if you want to get on with the tasks. Have you been assigned a tutor yet? I wonder if tasks don't appear until you have a tutor/assessor assigned.

Londonscotsman - best of luck with task1.

Petshrinklj
14-06-2013, 05:24 PM
I have task 3 tonight. Eek to say I'm scared is an understatement. I haven't managed as much preparation as I wanted. Thanks kids lol. Keep your fingers crossed for me. I'm going start blabbing nonsense at 100miles an hour lol.

LondonScotsman
16-06-2013, 08:17 PM
Petshrinklj - how did it go?

Petshrinklj
16-06-2013, 09:48 PM
Not too bad i was very nervous but I passed. :clapping: I wasn't expecting my assessor to be writing down what I was saying. I knew the chat was meant to be recorded for assessment but I assumed that meant audio recorded. I naturally speak fast and turbo speed when nervous. So I found that hard as she kept needing me to stop for her to catch up and then I'd loose the flow of what I was saying.:laughing: So my tip for anyone who hasnt done task 3 yet would be have some notes in front of you to prompt yourself when that happens.
The thing I hadn't discussed was dealing with digital photos. I hadn't made notes on that. Opps But she prompted me on it so it was ok in end.
Very glad its done though.
How's your task 1 going?

Petshrinklj
19-06-2013, 08:38 PM
Is it me or is the review of session 3 impossibly vague. Eg. Info parent needs to give you well that could be loads of things. Im Getting a bit peed off with this task.

LondonScotsman
20-06-2013, 08:47 AM
I managed to get through task one in the end. It's been marked and was okay. I haven't got to session 3 yet so that's something to look forward to!

Amandak28
20-06-2013, 08:25 PM
Is it me or is the review of session 3 impossibly vague. Eg. Info parent needs to give you well that could be loads of things. Im Getting a bit peed off with this task.

Evening, is this for task 6 working in partnership with parents? I haven't had my assignment back on this so i cant remember what i wrote for that bit. But ill look through my notes and see what i can help you with. :-)

Im on task 7 and its very long, intense and detailed.
We have been given 2 weeks for this one rather than the usual 1. :-/

How are you getting on with your task? X

Petshrinklj
21-06-2013, 04:35 PM
I managed to get through task one in the end. It's been marked and was okay. I haven't got to session 3 yet so that's something to look forward to!

Yay well done for completing task1 . Are you working on your policies now?

Petshrinklj
21-06-2013, 04:45 PM
Evening, is this for task 6 working in partnership with parents? I haven't had my assignment back on this so i cant remember what i wrote for that bit. But ill look through my notes and see what i can help you with. :-)

Im on task 7 and its very long, intense and detailed.
We have been given 2 weeks for this one rather than the usual 1. :-/

How are you getting on with your task? X

Hiya
No it isn't task6 it was just a review thing supposedly to check my learning from last session. It was a crossword but the questions were things like info you need to give parents and info parents need to give you. I thought there was lots of potential answers for it so it drove me mad but did it in the end.
I've now moved on to task 7. Is your the same as mine a case study about Manchu and Jessica?

LondonScotsman
22-06-2013, 05:28 PM
Yay well done for completing task1 . Are you working on your policies now?

Yes I am, and its really painful! I have completed the accident/illness/emergency one ready to submit which I think (hope) is the longest one. I have just drafted the behaviour one and hope to do the equal ops and safeguarding tomorrow.

How is task 7?

Petshrinklj
25-06-2013, 10:13 AM
Yes I am, and its really painful! I have completed the accident/illness/emergency one ready to submit which I think (hope) is the longest one. I have just drafted the behaviour one and hope to do the equal ops and safeguarding tomorrow.

How is task 7?

Sounds like your making good progress. Task 2 was definitely the most time consuming for me.

My task 7 feels a bit waffly lol. its a casestudy with questions. i answers the questions but when i looked at the assessment criteria i dont think my answers say everything they need to. I made a good start on it last week but i'm just struggled motivating myself to finish it.

I'd really like some feedback from my assessor before I submit any more assignments I've got tasks 5 and 6 unmarked and worried they're going to come back as in progress and I don't want too many assignments on the go at once.

zoeholt
28-06-2013, 04:52 PM
I just purchased the course through PACEY. Got to wait up to a week for it to be emailed to me, but i am excited, it has taken me ages to be able to get the money for it, I dont have any! Excited!

LondonScotsman
30-06-2013, 08:12 PM
Hi Zoe,

Welcome and good luck :-)

Paul :-)

Petshrinklj
02-07-2013, 07:38 AM
I just purchased the course through PACEY. Got to wait up to a week for it to be emailed to me, but i am excited, it has taken me ages to be able to get the money for it, I dont have any! Excited!

Goodluck :)

Petshrinklj
02-07-2013, 07:45 AM
Woohoo some of my work has been marked. Task 5 and 7 I need to add to :( but task 6 was good enough :clapping:
Not too much to add to so I think I will aim to resubmit 5 and 7 today.

I'm a bit stuck on task 8 its a table where you have to fill in signs, symptoms, indicators and behaviours that are signs of different types of abuse. I cant find where on the course it gives a definition of the differences between signs symptoms and indicators. And in the book it has signs and symptoms under same heading. Can anyone help? For instance, under neglect if I had a child that seemed very hungry. Could that be an indicator he isn't been fed adequately at home, a sign he isn't been fed or a symptom of not being fed?

Dent
02-07-2013, 03:06 PM
hi I'm a newbie and I haven't long finished my cypop5 so am willing to help wherever I can as I know how hard it can be.

I believe that a symptom is a feeling or something you can't see and then a sign is the physical thing that you can see. so a child complaining of hunger would be symptom and noticing the child losing weight would be a sign.

hope that makes sense

Petshrinklj
02-07-2013, 04:34 PM
Thank you that helps a lot.

Petshrinklj
04-07-2013, 04:04 PM
How's everyone getting on. I'm working on task 4 the business plan now which will be my last assignment. Then I just have to wait and see which assignments will get sent back as in progress.
Hope everyone is doing ok

Amandak28
04-07-2013, 05:31 PM
Im on my last CACHE task, task 8 safeguarding and its intense.

We have some additional tasks to do.
But all tasks including resubmissions need to be submitted on the 1st august. :-/

And now my ink has ran out so no printing for me at the mo :-(

Mandi'sM's
04-07-2013, 08:15 PM
Hi im Mandi and wonder if anyone can help. I have just finidhed my peadiactric first aid course and am now beginning to start the online cypop5 course but have no idea how to go about it. I have read up on the course itself and it mentions to do it via e-learning, is this correct? If so does anyone know how i can access it though that?
Thankyou xx

LondonScotsman
09-07-2013, 09:23 PM
Petshrinklj - just about to submit task 4 and then some rework on task 7. Tasks 8 & 9 are fine. The end is in sight! The task about signs, symptoms was hard work as I also found it really hard to be clear which was which. I think you can argue a lot of them into more than one column!

Mandi'sM's - I took the e-learning option through the professional body PACEY. I would have. Few grumbles about it but having met our locality officer it seems to be highly regarded. Good luck :-)

ange-a
09-07-2013, 09:58 PM
I PASSED!!!!! keep going girls, its worth it!

Petshrinklj
09-07-2013, 10:12 PM
Hi All I've just handed in task 4 my last assignment. Just waiting now for tasks 7, 8 and now 4 to be marked. Then I'm done. Got first aid course next week.

Hi mandi sorry I didn't understand. have you booked onto a online course and having difficulty accessing it or are you trying to find an online course to do? If its the later the PACEY course is ok. It has a lot of PACEY self promoting itself and its not always clear at times but on the whole I've found it ok. I like the fact that if an assignment wasn't good enough your assessor tells you what you need to add and you can then make changes and resubmit until you pass.

Petshrinklj
09-07-2013, 10:16 PM
Petshrinklj - just about to submit task 4 and then some rework on task 7. Tasks 8 & 9 are fine. The end is in sight!

Wow your whizzing through it lol. Well done. I've submitted all tasks now i'm just waiting feedback for 3 assignments. Im expecting my business plan to come back as i was a bit vague in parts lol. I feel like I'm constantly refreshing the page now seeing if anything has been marked lol.

LondonScotsman
12-07-2013, 09:10 PM

And boy(s)! All done, certificate of competence validated by tutor and I finished my first aid course today. Now for OFSTED !!

Good luck to all :-)

Amandak28
12-07-2013, 10:17 PM

Well done!! Good luck for the future :-) x

Petshrinklj
13-07-2013, 06:12 AM
Well done. :clapping:

How did you get your worked marked so quick. I'm still waiting for 3 assignments back. Did you email assessor and tell them you were done. Did you wait for all assignments to be back before you did the evaluation and aim to competence bits? I might chase my assessor up. :)

Petshrinklj
13-07-2013, 06:12 AM

Well done to you too :clapping:

LondonScotsman
14-07-2013, 07:55 AM
Well done. :clapping:

How did you get your worked marked so quick. I'm still waiting for 3 assignments back. Did you email assessor and tell them you were done. Did you wait for all assignments to be back before you did the evaluation and aim to competence bits? I might chase my assessor up. :)

I was really lucky with my assessor. She marked my work within 1 day every time. It was often only a couple of hours. I had my rework back really quickly lol. Now for OFSTED ....

Good luck with everything:-)

Petshrinklj
19-07-2013, 08:37 PM
I've passed too. :)

Emra81
19-07-2013, 08:46 PM
Yey! That's awesome petshrinklj! Well done! That must be a weight off your shoulders.

I was hoping to have mine finished by now too but working full time is seriously getting in the way! Gonna hit it hard this next week and get it done though.

Amandak28
19-07-2013, 09:58 PM

Well done!

My submission date for all my tasks is the 1st august. Then they get posted off to the assessor via my tutor, so not sure how long the wait will be to see if i have passed :-/ could be a long summer at this rate lol xx

LondonScotsman
24-07-2013, 08:40 AM

Well done, now for OFSTED ..... :-)

beckyd
29-07-2013, 08:00 PM
I've sent mine off to my assessor and should hear if I need to add anything by the 13th of September

Emra81
29-07-2013, 09:43 PM
I'm really not liking Task 8! I'm ok with the difference between signs and symptoms and then behaviours I get.....but what then are indicators?! Is that not just another word for signs?! So frustrated! Any pointers would be gratefully received guys...:(

Petshrinklj
30-07-2013, 01:02 PM
I've sent mine off to my assessor and should hear if I need to add anything by the 13th of September

Thats great Goodluck

Petshrinklj
30-07-2013, 01:05 PM
I'm really not liking Task 8! I'm ok with the difference between signs and symptoms and then behaviours I get.....but what then are indicators?! Is that not just another word for signs?! So frustrated! Any pointers would be gratefully received guys...:(

I struggled with this one too. i defined indicator as Something that indicates something not right. Eg. Kid drawing or playing with figures that would seem inappropriate or saying something that implies was left on own etc.
Best of luck

Bernita
30-07-2013, 01:41 PM
hi, I am currently doing the CYPOP 5 course and have passed 7 out of 8 tasks, Im stuck on task 6, the questions they are asking for is 1) what does the parent bring to the relationship? why do you need the parent in the relationship and what is the importance of the parent? I though I had covered them questions but they are wanting more information!! if anyone can help that would be great. Thanks :-)

Petshrinklj
30-07-2013, 05:39 PM
I think I talked about parent knowing kid best. Partnership working to inform plans, recording kids achievements etc.
hope that helps

Sarahj2012
31-07-2013, 08:37 PM
Hello all, I've just started the cypop 5 course through pacey and was wondering if anyone can help.
Im all set to start task 1 and I have just got a email from my assessor saying
at the end of the course you will need to upload a claim of competence form in order to gain access to this form you do need to take part in the training materials as well as complete all the tasks.
Now I admit I have not been to college in many many years and this course looks quite daunting but what does she mean that I have to take part in the training materials. ? I cant find anything on the page at all. I would appreciate any help. Thank you. x

Petshrinklj
31-07-2013, 09:04 PM
Hi once you have worked your way through the course You will be able to access the claim to competence form. I think she means that you can't just submit assignments you have to read the course too. Once you read one bit it then unlocks some other bits. There's things to do like take part in discussion forums and things. Once you do each bit you get a tick to show you've done it. Then you can see the next bit of course. Once you've completed the whole course you then get access to the competence form. Hope that makes sense.

Sarahj2012
31-07-2013, 09:12 PM
Hi once you have worked your way through the course You will be able to access the claim to competence form. I think she means that you can't just submit assignments you have to read the course too. Once you read one bit it then unlocks some other bits. There's things to do like take part in discussion forums and things. Once you do each bit you get a tick to show you've done it. Then you can see the next bit of course. Once you've completed the whole course you then get access to the competence form. Hope that makes sense.
Thank you so much for your help, It makes perfect sense.
I think I have just seen how much is in the course and how much detail you need to put in and panicked.
Thanks again for your help

Amandak28
01-08-2013, 02:25 PM
So today was D day, submission day.

Ive singed and handed my portfolio over to my tutor who will now do her bits and then hand it over to a cache assessor.

So i can finally relax about not having to hand in anymore tasks.
Altho the wait for my certificate will no doubt drag :-( lol

How are the rest of you getting on? Xxx

Tom Duke
07-08-2013, 02:34 PM
Hi Everyone,
Im pretty new to this course, I am doing section 1 task 3 tonight, a bit confused as to what i should be talking about. Ill be glad to get it done! It all seems very vague!!

Amandak28
07-08-2013, 03:32 PM
What is it asking you? I cant remember all the task question/criteria.

beckygrey
09-08-2013, 08:53 AM
Help with 1.6 sources of support please

Apparently I need to add more to mine I put

Local authority
Local childminders
Family & friends
Health visitors

Who else can I add?
Thanks bec x

Petshrinklj
09-08-2013, 09:11 AM
Help with 1.6 x

I had this forum (top of list )
Family and friend
Childminder drop in
Fis
PACEY
Health visitor
Hmrc (was told to add this by assessor)

Hope that helps

Petshrinklj
09-08-2013, 09:13 AM
Hi Everyone,
Im pretty new to this course, I am doing section 1 task 3 tonight, a bit confused as to what i should be talking about. Ill be glad to get it done! It all seems very vague!!

Sorry think my reply will be coming to you too late hope it went ok. I talked about data protection act, confidentiality, iso. How I would keep data confidential etc.

beckygrey
09-08-2013, 09:20 AM
Thank you that helps heaps

Amandak28
09-08-2013, 02:42 PM
Id add your local authority childminding association. Mine Ccma, bromley's is BCMA. Also the local borough information support service Croydon's is CRISS .
Hope this helps. :-)

Amandak28
16-10-2013, 05:31 PM
Hi all
Hope everyone is progressing well.

I finally got my portfolio back today and PASSED!!!

I have to go and collect all my certificates on monday!!!

And then all i need to do is wait for my pre reg visit after ive sent back my health and dbs forms back this weekend (hopefully)

Xxx

cheeky73
02-11-2013, 09:52 AM
I have been completing my CYPOP and have now got stuck on my finance plan can anyone help!

Amandak28
02-11-2013, 07:58 PM
Hiya. Is there a specific part of it?

ladyjo1987
02-11-2013, 08:46 PM
Hi all, I am struggling big time with the leaflet for task 5, Its probably so simple but I cant put pen to paper on whats going round in my head??
2.1=Explain the key components of a healthy and safe home based envronment??
:angry:
ive managed to do 2.3 and 2.5 but 2.1 is really getting to me :panic:

Amandak28
02-11-2013, 10:25 PM
Hi all, I am struggling big time with the leaflet for task 5, Its probably so simple but I cant put pen to paper on whats going round in my head?? 2.1=Explain the key components of a healthy and safe home based envronment?? :angry: ive managed to do 2.3 and 2.5 but 2.1 is really getting to me :panic:

Hi hope these points below help you out a bit?

Key components – Safe clean and healthy environment - i.e. safe toys equipment and resources
• Safe space- different areas in your home e.g. garden and garden equipment. play area, kitchen, bathroom. Do you plan to assess risk in those areas?
• How do you intend to manage pets?
• Environment: Think indoors /outdoors
• Hygiene and cleanliness. How would you maintain that? Have you done or intend to do a food safety course.
• storage and preparation of food
• Will you have a regime for sterilizing and disinfecting equipment?
• Will you check toys for damage and wear and tear?
• Are you aware of RIDDOR /COSH guidelines?
• Do you have smoke alarms/fire blanket?
• Will you have an emergency plan?

Niccimumof2
12-11-2013, 09:02 PM

Hi there, I am totally stuck on the same crossword!!! I thought it was just me being silly but it's just not very clear. I'm also stuck on the information we give paprents, and they give us bit. Grrrr.

Are you all finished now?

Nicci (new to the forum!) x

PopsMummy
18-11-2013, 09:40 AM
Hi everyone
I went to the cypop 5 study day on Saturday. I'm supposed to be handing in task 1 and 3 next week (eep!). Just thought I would come and introduce myself before I start asking for help :D

Sarahj2012
18-11-2013, 09:55 PM
Hello and welcome, I completed my cypop5 course back in August. This forum is very friendly and any advice you need just ask x

katesn86
11-07-2015, 08:04 PM
Hi all!
ive not done too badly so far, but am completely stuck on the following
An explanation of the importance of play to children’s learning and development and the need for an inclusive approach.
Identification of how and why it is important that children receive equal treatment and access, based on their individual needs and acknowledging their rights.

I just cant put it into words for some reason!!

KateMurphy1980
27-08-2015, 06:06 PM
Hi. I'm new to the forum. I'm a qualified nursery nurse and am completing the HBCA (old CYPOP5)

I'm stuck on the chart on equality, diversity and inclusive practice.
I'm happy that I know how to be an inclusive setting but I've been asked to fill in a chart on:

Attitudes (way of thinking or feeling)
Values (judgement of what’s important to you)
Behaviours (how you act towards others)
Impact (what is the effect on your practice)
How can you improve?

I've tried my best but I feel I should be putting more on there.

Any help would be greatly received.

Best wishes

Kate

kmstraw86
04-02-2016, 09:02 PM
Hi. I'm new to the forum. I'm a qualified nursery nurse and am completing the HBCA (old CYPOP5)

I'm stuck on the chart on equality, diversity and inclusive practice.
I'm happy that I know how to be an inclusive setting but I've been asked to fill in a chart on:

Attitudes (way of thinking or feeling)
Values (judgement of what’s important to you)
Behaviours (how you act towards others)
Impact (what is the effect on your practice)
How can you improve?

I've tried my best but I feel I should be putting more on there.

Any help would be greatly received.

Best wishes

Kate

Hi Kate,

How did you get on with this in the end? I am currently stuck on this particular assessment and struggling to word it. I feel like I'm repeating myself in places or not adding enough information in others. Im doing the e-learning course online and am starting to feel a little isolated and deflated :(

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance x

Daneta
07-03-2016, 06:41 PM
Hello,

I am new to this forum and I am struggling with my course. I have got last two questions 1.5 and 7.2. which I am struggling with

1.5.Demonstrate financial planning for own home based service
7.2.Explain how ground rules for behaviour and expectations are developed and implemented

I have no idea what to write about. PLEASE HELP!

Thank you in advance!