PDA

View Full Version : Roll on September

kel1983
21-05-2013, 10:27 AM
We are currently minding a 3 year old and a 4 year old. They are both here everyday now for the next 3 months as the 4 yo's mum fell out with the nursery. They argue all the time its driving me nuts. When they do play they play lovely together. There parents are friends so they also see a lot of each other outside our setting. I think the problem is they spend too much time together. To get through the weeks we are going to have to split them up. Luckily there is 2 of us working together so we ca give them some one to one attention. Hopefully when september arrives it will ease as 4 yo old starts school and 3 yo starts nursery.

Has anyone else had a similar problem and how have you got through it?

smurfette
21-05-2013, 11:24 AM
I would say you are right they are spending a lot of time together and getting on each others nerves like siblings. ! I think if you can cope for the summer you will find in sept they will get along better .. I find my girls get on great term time but can be at each other in holidays as they are in each others pockets

kel1983
21-05-2013, 05:57 PM
oh I do hope so Murphf.

sarah707
22-05-2013, 05:49 PM
Divide and conquer! :thumbsup:

Also lots of sharing and taking turns activities. We have a doll who chats to the children, reads them stories about sharing, talks about being sad if she has seen them doing something that upset others etc.

Hth :D