PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted Visit due to new partner - do I need to show paperwork?

Pocketchick
21-05-2013, 09:45 AM
Just as the title states really - Ofsted are coming tomorrow for meeting about my new partner (he has a criminal record so they need to clear him) has anyone been through this before? What will Ofsted want to see, if anything? Do I need to prepare as if I am being inspected or will it literally just be a meeting?

I use ********* so everything is online, would rather not have to print evidence if I can help it!

sarah707
21-05-2013, 04:44 PM
It depends if they want to do an inspection at the same time - are you overdue?

You should have everything printed anyway!! How will you involve parents and children in their Learning Journeys if they are not printed?

Good luck with the meeting :D

SDC34cr
21-05-2013, 05:41 PM
If she uses the system that we are not supposed to mention as it keeps getting stared out parents can access this through passwords and can leave messages and comments also it is supposed to mean less paperwork so things don't need to be printed. That's my understanding anyway.

Rick
21-05-2013, 06:40 PM
If she uses the system that we are not supposed to mention as it keeps getting stared out parents can access this through passwords and can leave messages and comments also it is supposed to mean less paperwork so things don't need to be printed. That's my understanding anyway.

You might get a fussy inspector who doesn't want to look at the screen then you are stuffed!

As for your 'meeting' I would have thought they wouldn't need to look at your paperwork as it's about your partner but I can't say that for sure.

Pocketchick
22-05-2013, 10:34 AM
Thank you!

The system I use "the one which shall not be named" allows parents to log in and view everything for their child plus they can add their own obs and photos, and comment on everything so parents / children can most definitely be involved in their learning journeys, plus the bonus of nothing getting lost! I'd rather not print everything out and waste all of those trees if I can get away with it. I suppose worst case scenario is that if she checks my paperwork she will have to look online for it. I have paper copies of contracts etc but everything else is on the system.

Ofsted aren't coming until 5pm, and children are collected at 5:15 so I doubt they would combine the inspection, I am due one this year around December. Partner is at work all day so they had to come later on when he is home.

Fingers crossed all will be okay.

mumof3
22-05-2013, 11:37 AM
Ofsted will just interview your partner and ask the circumstances around his criminal record, due to alcohol one off etc. then you will just get a letter thru providing they're happy with the answers he gives to say that he's suitable to be around children. Hope that helps! Good luck