PDA

View Full Version : New inspection

katedobinson
05-07-2008, 10:46 AM
Sorry if this is the wrong place but I am finding my way around. I have only just registered & was looking to start asap when my Landlord tells us we may have to leave at the end of the contract at the start of Sept :( Has anyone had this happen to them before & how long does it take for them to come out & do a new inspection & send the new certificate out? I guess atleast I havent started yet so dont have any children to have to say to the parents I cant look after them for however many weeks while its sorted.

Pauline
05-07-2008, 11:11 AM
I know a few people on here have moved house so they will probably be along with better advice than me!

But, as far as I know, Ofsted come out to see the new premises but you can still mind provided you have done some risk assessments on the new premises and assured them that the home is safe. They then send you a new certificate.

:)

katedobinson
05-07-2008, 11:18 AM
Ohhh really I hope thats the case as that will make me feel so much better because if I do find children to mind before we move I wont have to say to the parents I cant have them - well maybe for a day or 2 but that would be it :)

Twinkles
05-07-2008, 11:29 AM
When I moved about five years ago I did pretty much as Pauline has said. In those days it was enough to do visual risk assessments though :rolleyes:
They came out pretty quickly and I was able to continue minding.

katedobinson
05-07-2008, 11:35 AM
thank you ladies, soon as I know I have to move I will make them aware of it then phone again when I have an address so can get the process moving asap x